Help Me Not Kill People With My HPRs

• Members

So I like how my HPR153s sit on the 181s, but I was thinking it would be nice to get these up about another foot and angle them down a bit.

I was thinking about building a box with a pole at center bottom that would fit into the subs pole hole.

Of course the box top would need a bit of an angle.

Then I was thinking to secure it inplace I would go from side handle of the HPR153 to the 181 with ratchet straps to lock it in place.

Am I just going to kill people? Any better ideas (without paying someone to fly them)?

• Members

I am contemplating the very same situation with 153 over 181. I will probably build a little black box and use motorcycle tie downs. but, i'm wanting a very slight tilt, like a 1.34"(a 2x4) in the back

• Members

See thats what I'm thinking. Except like a 2x6 in the front and a 2x8 in the back. That way I get the lift and the angle down.

I'll be honest & say that I much prefer my Cabs with no Tilt- Angling the horns down keeps that harsh upper....Ouch. Keepin' em flyign over the heads- Much Smoother. Dunno About the 153's, mine are LA325's.

Todd A.

• Members

Back in the stone age my band ran three Martin subs a side, double Martin 12" mid bins, and a horn on top. I guess we would sometimes angle the horn down but it didn't seem to matter all that much when we were running warp 9.

I haven't test driven the 153's but I wonder if they really need the added instability of tilting down to ensure high end coverage. Just wondering.

Archived