Bear with me during this hypothetical...

• Members

So you know how dance clubs and DJs are the in thing right now?

I was thinking it would be cool to build a dance club, and have the dance floor just be subwoofers with the speaker pointed to the ceiling.

I'm surprised a Vegas nightclub hasn't already tried this in fact.

Or have they?

Anyway... good idea, bad idea, dumb idea?

• Members

So you know how dance clubs and DJs are the in thing right now?

I was thinking it would be cool to build a dance club, and have the dance floor just be subwoofers with the speaker pointed to the ceiling.

I'm surprised a Vegas nightclub hasn't already tried this in fact.

Or have they?

Anyway... good idea, bad idea, dumb idea?

If you've got that much time on your hands to come up with ideas like this, I would suggest cleaning your mics, or polishing your mic stands:)

But seriously, bass that low isn't very directional, don't know what the plus side would be.

• Members

You get to clean the puke out of one before you let us know if it's a good idea, bad idea, dumb idea...

;)

Puke?

At least it would be 'sanitized' immediately by all the alcohol that was already there...

• Members

He got the concept right, but not the placement. The local watering hole has a BUNCH of EAW subs for the DJ. They are mounted in the metal roof supports to face straight DOWN on the dance floor. They have enough of them to almost be a suspended ceiling made by EAW.

• Members

You'd get the same effect by placing the subs elsewhere in the room in relatively close proximity and just using giant pulsating fans under the dance floor. But yeah, girls + heels + perforated floor = lawsuit.

That said, I don't know if you've been to any Vegas clubs, but there's not a lack of bass with their current system. ;)

Archived