Which sub would sound better given 700 watts...

• Members

The 218 will be WAY better, no contest. You can always upgrade the amplifier down the road IF you need more LF SPL.

The "not enough power" argument is one of the most misunderstood topics in pro audio (next to how much money you will make playing music).

• Members

The 218 will be WAY better, no contest. You can always upgrade the amplifier down the road IF you need more LF SPL.

The "not enough power" argument is one of the most misunderstood topics in pro audio (next to how much money you will make playing music).

I

• Members

Since you already have a 518, get another and you will be fine.

Mixing the 518 and 528 are no problem provided each is appropriately powered.

Problem is the 518s are 4ohm cabs, so using one side of the GX5 (mains on the other side, utilizing the 100hz crossover feature), I can

• Members

I'm at a gig right now using 2 JBL SP128's (soundpower, not soundfactor) on 1 channel of P5000 for both. 1200w @ 2, the room is smaller, 60x60 for a wedding. It sounds great as it should.

If I were in your boat I'd just buy another MRX518 then get a second GX5 (1 runs left the other runs right using the internal crossover). Or buy a Yamaha P7000 and use it's internal crossover (like me on this gig), 2 ohms on 1 channel is ok, both channels @ 2 can be an issue but I can say for sure that just 1 channel @ 2 is just fine.

Archived