One rack space left, what should I add?

• Members

OK, I am building a new rack box with six space (because I don't like odd numbers:)).

Here is what I've got to go in it.

A&H MixWiz 16:2 on top

In the rack -

Furman PL- plus C (1 space)

DBX 1231 (3 spaces)

TC M-One XL (1 space)

I've got one left over space. What would be cool to add? Compressor/Limiter? Feedback Eliminator? C'mon, there must be something.:)

• Members

What are you using for monitor eq?

Right now the mains are the monitors meaning we use the system for my group of acoustic musician friends in a medium/large living room situation. It is used to amplify the voices and acoustic instruments over the electric guitar and bass. The speakers are JBL PRX 512 Mi's.

• Members

You might keep that space open for future monitor eq?

If I do go to monitors and a corresponding eq I would probably stick another 1231 (3 spaces) because I really like this unit.

How about a feedback eliminator? I sometimes have some problems with FB though I can usually tune it out manually.

• Members

If I do go to monitors and a corresponding eq I would probably stick another 1231 (3 spaces) because I really like this unit.

How about a feedback eliminator? I sometimes have some problems with FB though I can usually tune it out manually.

the 231 is virtually identical internally, cheaper and 1 less rack space. Just FYI.

• Members

If you are using mains for monitors for now, do NOT add a compressor.

A vented blank gets my vote, until you find something you have a real need for.

BTW: good choice of gear so far. Keep the high quality choices going!

• Members

BTW: good choice of gear so far. Keep the high quality choices going!

I also Have AKG 535, Neuman KMS 105 and Shure SM81 and 57's for the mics. I don't have a lot of gear but I try to keep it as quality as I can. This forum has been a huge help.

BTW, thank you Aged Horse. I respect everything you have to say always.:thu:

• CMS Author

You really should just leave the space unused for now. Rather than buying something you might need, wait until you know what you do need. It'll be evident at some point, and then you'll have both the available space, and possibly the money you'll need, assuming you didn't spend it on some other impulse purchase....;)

Archived