• Members

OK, the mixer is a MixWiz 16.2

Components to be hooked up to it -

DBX Driverack PA+

DBX 1231

TC M-One

CD Player

System config - stereo

As the TC is a two channel device I would like to assign it to aux 1&2 and save auxs 3-6 for monitors. I know the sends go to input on the TC but the manual (to me anyways) is not real clear on where the returns go (Mackie manuals were much better on this).

I would like to have the CD player (balanced out) configed in stereo. Is there anyway to do this without using two of the input channels? If not is is not a big deal.

Thanks

• Members

Just use your tape in for the cd player

You'll want your monitors 1-4 which is pre-fade

use 5 & 6 for the TC unit.

1231 eq I'm asumming is for 2 monitor mixes which I would use on aux send 1 & 2 are pre-fade which is what you want.

the Driverack can't help you with.

• Members

Do you plan on using the M1 in real 2 channel, 2 engine mode or do you plan on using it as a single device with a stereo return? This determines if yo use one or two aux sends. For stereo device, stereo return sending from a single aux is the norm and that leaves the other send for the internal MixWiz effects. You would want to use aux 5 & 6.

• Members

OK, the mixer is a MixWiz 16.2

I would like to have the CD player (balanced out) configed in stereo. Is there anyway to do this without using two of the input channels? If not is is not a big deal.

Thanks

Since the Mixwiz has no RCA/CD inputs, as you probably already know, I run my IPod into the Mixwiz ST2 return. I have a 1/8" TRS male to Dual (L/R) 1/4" TS male cable. There is an ST2 level knob at the top right of the mixer. Set the switch under it to L/R and you can control your player volume there to FOH.

• Members

Do you plan on using the M1 in real 2 channel, 2 engine mode or do you plan on using it as a single device with a stereo return? This determines if yo use one or two aux sends. For stereo device, stereo return sending from a single aux is the norm and that leaves the other send for the internal MixWiz effects. You would want to use aux 5 & 6.

2 channel, 2 engine mode. Essentially I want to run 'verb in one aux and delay in the other.

• Members

OK, I have got the CD hookup and the Driverack and 1231 but let me ask this again, auxs 5-6 (not 1&2 like I originally said) sends on the Mixwiz go to the inputs of the TC. Where do the returns from the TC go??

Read the manual just in case I'm wrong here because I'm just going by memory and don't even own a mixwiz but had studied the manual awhile, while researching for a new mixer.

Should be a pair of inputs labeled stereo return 1 & 2 is where they go but double check with the manual.

• Members

Should be a pair of inputs labeled stereo return 1 & 2 is where they go but double check with the manual.

So aux 5-6 return to 1&2?? I'm not being flip but I have have read the manual and I couldn't get anything out of it definitive in regards to the sends and returns.:confused:

Update: I just got home, sat down and read the manual (pg 13&19) to try and figure out where to plug in the returns from the TC. For the life of me I can't see it. It can't be that difficult. What am I missing? Is it right in front of me and I'm not seeing it?

• Members

So aux 5-6 return to 1&2?? I'm not being flip but I have have read the manual and I couldn't get anything out of it definitive in regards to the sends and returns.
:confused:

Update: I just got home, sat down and read the manual (pg 13&19) to try and figure out where to plug in the returns from the TC. For the life of me I can't see it. It can't be that difficult. What am I missing? Is it right in front of me and I'm not seeing it?

Hey bro looks like I was wrong looks like Stereo 1&2 return is for only aux 1-4 which doesn't make sense if you ask me. Umm you would think you could bypass the FX engine routed to 5&6 and use your own.

I dunno I don't own one myself? Somebody that owns could probably help you out better then I can.

• CMS Author

ST1 and ST2 are stereo returns. You can use either of these. ST1 will mix the internal efx with your external source if you choose to use the internal fx as well.

ST1 isn't "for" aux 1-4; it can be routed *to* aux 1-4 based on the 4 level controls.

The block diagram makes this pretty easy to follow:

http://www.allen-heath.com/DL/WZ3_16_blockdiag.pdf

• Members

For the OP.

First, DELINK in your mind the NUMBERS of sends, returns, ect. on the mixer. They have NOTHING to do with each other. AUX OUTPUT one has NO direct relationship with AUX RETURN one, they are just SEPERATE pathways that needed a label.

Boomerweps

Thanks for putting it in english!:thu: All the manual had to do was say that in the first place.

Now I think I have my arms around it.

• Members

For the OP.

First, DELINK in your mind the NUMBERS of sends, returns, ect. on the mixer. They have NOTHING to do with each other. AUX OUTPUT one has NO direct relationship with AUX RETURN one, they are just SEPERATE pathways that needed a label.

Boomerweps

So, do you use a Y insert cable to the aux send?

Just curious I know Craig poasted a block diagram but I suck at connecting the dots. :confused:

• Members

Aux 1-4 SEND goes to monitor mixes 1-4

Aux 5-6 SEND goes to TC inputs Left/Right

TC Output connects to STEREO RT1 (or 2, Or channels 15&16)

No Y cables, nothing fancy, that's it.

Since the TC can be run in parallel or discreet mode, you could run just aux 6 to the TC and the Aux 5 can be the mixwiz internal effects.

• Members

Aux 1-4 SEND goes to monitor mixes 1-4

Aux 5-6 SEND goes to TC inputs Left/Right

TC Output connects to STEREO RT1 (or 2, Or channels 15&16)

No Y cables, nothing fancy, that's it.

Since the TC can be run in parallel or discreet mode, you could run just aux 6 to the TC and the Aux 5 can be the mixwiz internal effects.

Um just like I posted earlier in post #9 :lol:

Archived