I just purchased a rolling clothes rack - yes, this is on-topic...

I just saw an adjustable-height / width, rolling garment rack on Woot. It was under $25, so I thought I'd get one. 

https://home.woot.com/offers/adjustable-rolling-garment-rack-3?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_5

Adjustable Garment rack.png

Wait - this is a recording forum, right? :confused2: How is this possibly on-topic?

Here's my thinking. I'm a big fan of using heavy, quilted moving blankets for spot treatment around instruments and for knocking down unwanted reflections. In the past, I've often just used one or two mic stands with boom arms, and configured them in a T-shape, then draped the moving blankets over them as needed... which can work, but the mic stands are a little lightweight for the job; you're a bit limited in how you can adjust them, and once in place, they're not easy to move and reconfigure without starting over. I figure the garment rack should be able to serve a similar purpose, but it might be a bit heavier-duty. Plus, it has wheels, so you should be able to move it and reposition it easier. 

At least that's the theory... :lol:

I'll report back after it arrives and I've had a chance to see how it works.

Stay tuned! :snax: 

• Members

Aldi has these things on sale once or twice a year.  Harbor Freight also has specials on moving blankets, one thing that their Chinese suppliers probably can't screw up, especially if you don't use them for moving anything.  IIRC, sometimes you can get one free with any other purchase.  I might avail myself of one for just the reason you are.

2 minutes ago, thankyou said:

Harbor Freight also has specials on moving blankets, one thing that their Chinese suppliers probably can't screw up, especially if you don't use them for moving anything. 

I wouldn't mind picking a few more up (I probably have four of them already), but every time I've been there and remembered to look for them, they were out. :( Still, if you can find them in stock, they're often very inexpensive - well under ten bucks each when they're on sale... 

Archived