Help - what brand?

bigattatud

• Members

When I first googled I found Martin Dixon Guitars. Good custom stuff from the looks of it. I totally missed the very first result that I think you are referring to. I think you might be right and will look into that further. Thanks! Dave.

• Moderators

Depending how old the instrument is, Music Drive [A Sumer Korea brand] might be the manufacturer...but the logo is not a match...the Martin Dixon Guitars logo is not a match either, neither is the Michael Dolsey logo...could you post a pic of the whole guitar?

• Members

Check out this link, if it works. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2241654362566216/?ref=messenger_banner I'm just looking for my next project, Buy, tear apart, modify, upgrade, blood sweat tears, and then never play but let my son play it who is the real player in the family. I just like the project aspect of it. Anyway, just want to know more about it before I jump in to this one. Would really like to know what wood the body is made of, because everything else can be changed. Actually I have made a guitar body from scratch, but was hoping I could skip that step this time. I know, long answer. Thanks for any help y'all throw out there for me! Dave.

• Members

nope, not all the martin dixon/metal drive/flavor of the month it was branded with, logos match... but there were too many variations encountered in the search... and a couple i saw were very similar but not exact? and the “unique angular headstock” touted in several adverts, was indeed the same. ( as best could be told from the op’s pic). id still be really surprised if it wasnt a martin dixon incarnation...

Archived