looking for 16 space rack

• Members

Are you moving the rack by yourself? Is this with a slant top for a mixer.

I still have a 16 space rack with a mixer spot on top. My set-up was MixWiz, PL8, 3 EQ's, Driverack and 2 compressors and an EFX, with one power amp (running a mix of powered and unpowered speakers).

The rack was over 200 lbs. The rack is now long since empty. The rack takes up space, The rack cost too much money. The rack is a reminder that even past 50 years of age I could still make egregious errors.

The above would not necessarily hold true if you're always a two or three man load, or if this is for a pro sound co or if you're built like a tank.

EDIT - I've got to say it sure was handy having everything (including a drop snake) in one rack. Just heavy.

• Members

I have a 12 space that I loaded with (for me) too many amps. I cannot imagine loading up a 16. It would have to be 90% processing to be movable.

I got a 12 space with just EQ's, compressors & a CD player and that is heavy.

What going into the rack?

• Members

thanks for the link to audiopile, sent the a message but no response yet. they do look like the place to buy racks.

i have reconfigured and could get away with a 14 space. if i use wheels i may put them on top because i want the rack to sit flush on something, i guess four locking wheels would be okay for the bottom. going to put eq's, compressors, couple of effects, and some gates in it for front of house. this is our secondary sound system for smaller clubs so it wont be used all the time. not worried about the weight so much. going to use snake cabling and custom make all connections for inputs and outputs and really only want one snake cable coming out along with power supply cord. that is the reason for one rack. we have a similar setup on our main rig, two 14 space racks on top of each other on wheels, this will just be a smaller version, no amps in racks at all. i think we can handle it. once again, thanks forr the link on audipile, going to try to do business with them.

Archived