speaker transportation

• Members

Generally speaking, sideways, the way they normally sit when in use. However, I have some large-format line array speakers that travel face down on dolly boards. Face up, unless they are covered, exposes the drivers to the elements too much - dirt, dust, falling mic stands etc. If you have a leaky box truck/trailer or whatever, you risk them collecting water.

• CMS Author

is there any advantage as far as fatiguing the speaker itself to the posssible axis': up, down, sideways?

If you drag them around in a trailer with no suspension, on desert backroads at high speed, there might be a chance of actually damaging the speaker by displacing the magnet structure, but for normal towing in a decent trailer at realistic speeds, there should be no problem at all.

• Members

If you drag them around in a trailer with no suspension, on desert backroads at high speed, there might be a chance of actually damaging the speaker by displacing the magnet structure, but for normal towing in a decent trailer at realistic speeds, there should be no problem at all.

my current work/home situation necessitates having my bass cabs in the back of my pickup truck pretty much all the time. We're talking a Bassman 215 loaded w/ EVMs and a GK 115 cab. Given that and living during the week off of a rutted dirt road in the poconos.....is there a preferred orientation?

• Members

my current work/home situation necessitates having my bass cabs in the back of my pickup truck pretty much all the time. We're talking a Bassman 215 loaded w/ EVMs and a GK 115 cab. Given that and living during the week off of a rutted dirt road in the poconos.....is there a preferred orientation?

i think that would be hard on any equipment in any position.

• Members

Maybe something like this could help. Originally, it's a drum platform for people in apartments playing V-Drums, but the idea might work. The pic is of the bottom, in use it would be flipped over. (obviously)

:idea:

balls.jpg

balls2.jpg

• Members

I'm not sure what could be done to protect audio equipment while driving down a rutted dirt road. Sounds like you're taking your equipment where it was not designed to be. Maybe some type of road case with suspension points?. Even if you keep the dirt out, the road condition may well vibrate the hell out of electronics.

Archived