Sign in to follow this  
Phil O'Keefe

Need a light for your music stand - or pedalboard?

Cool. Seems like it would be handy to have a 9V version that connects to a pedalboard power supply though. There's probably something like that already but I'm not aware of anything.

Cool. Seems like it would be handy to have a 9V version that connects to a pedalboard power supply though. There's probably something like that already but I'm not aware of anything.

I haven't come across any that use a 9V DC supply, and although that would make it easier to daisy chain one, it's easy enough to use a USB power brick to power it. You could probably also build a voltage divider and use that instead - it's just a couple of resistors. While I have not tried it myself, I suspect it would work just fine running at 4.5 volts instead of 5V.

I did a quick Amazon search when I read your review and I was surprised nothing turned up. I found USB models but a 9V version just seemed like a natural idea, given the application.