Toggle switch thread diameters​?

b12670

• Members

I've got this cheap o Dean Vendetta that I just need a replacement toggle cap for. Problem is that it's the tiniest threads I've ever seen! Epiphone caps don't fit

Too loose. I need to find out the thread diameter on this thing to order the right cap. Any help would be appreciated.

• Members
been through this as well...could be metric' date=' could be American Standard, you need both the diameter and threads per inch...[/quote']

I may end up just swapping out the whole switch. This thing has the smallest threads I've ever seen! I actually had to squint to see if there were any threads at all! They are THAT tiny!

• Members
Here's what I do in a pinch: take out your handy lighter' date=' GENTLY heat the screw in side of the switch tip, press onto the switch, squeeze, cursing because it's a bit too hot, finished.[/quote']

I was thinking of doing something along those lines. Like filling the hole with crazy glue then drilling a very small pilot hole into the dried glue.

But the lighter way might be worth a shot too. The switch itself is fine, so it seems like a waste to pull it out because I can't find the right threaded cap. thanks for the tip.

Archived