Anyone else having trouble getting product from JBL.

• Members

Haven't heard a word on my recone either.

I'm calling this BS. I know I'm flogging a dead horse (no offense Andy) but Harmon/JBL is far too big a company for this crap to be happening. Jeez, and then people wonder why we're all going to hell in a handbasket.

Stix

• Members

And the hits just keep on coming!...

Spoke to my tech today and he STILL has not received the recone kit that was PROMISED LAST Wednesday. He doesn't even know (nor can he find out) if the damn box has even shipped yet. This is such unadulterated BS. Tomorrow makes four weeks to the day for what should have been a four or five day turnaround MAX. And I'm just a very, very small minnow in what I imagine is an ocean of sharks. My guy says he can hear the eyes rolling on the other end of the line everytime he calls for an update regarding this clusterfark.

Whomever came up with the bright idea that has caused this (without researching, testing, pre-planning and a workable back-up plan in case of this epic failure) should be publicly humiliated and banned from ever implementing one of his (her) ideas for life. I noticed there has been nary a word from Harmon/JBL re. press releases. Heck, based on what I'm hearing, they kept their authorized reps in the dark pre-implementation through the first week of the fiasco! How can such a good company fail so badly? :facepalm:

Stix

• Members

You think that's bad - my wife was told today that her company is outsourcing most of ordering, customer service, and accounting to India - and that is a major medical devices company that does a lot of next day shipping of life critical devices. Them missing a shipment deadline could kill somebody - at least nobody has died yet from not getting their JBL toys :lol: .

• Members

I just did a google search for "Harmon" to see if there was any press/publicity about this major screw up and I think I found the problem. Here's what came up...

Harmon Kadron

Manufacturer of a wide range of home and car audio and video products. USA.

www.harmankardon.com/ - Cached - Similar

You know you got REAL BIG PROBLEMS when you can't even spell the name of your own company right. :facepalm::freak::facepalm:

Stix

• Members

Well... tomorrow marks 5 full weeks that I have been without my driver. Spoke to my Authorized JBL rep today to get my weekly update. He gave JBL a call after we spoke and called me back. JBL STILL has not shipped the recone kit but the guy on the other end of the phone indicated that he couldn't figure out why it hadn't shipped because it was sitting on the shelf all ready to go since last week. Hmmmmm. So, JBL guy tells my guy that he is going to walk the package all the way through the system to make sure it goes out today - overnight - so my guy should have it by noon tomorrow. We shall see as this is the same thing they said LAST week and THE WEEK BEFORE! My guy continues to be appologetic and I keep saying I know it's not his fault but that doesn't make the bad taste in my mouth any better. Fortunately, we haven't had any gigs that the equipment was necessary for and therefore it has only been more of an inconvenience than a friggin' disaster. Geesh. I'm at a loss for what to say due to this fiasco. How DO they stay in business with this level of incompetence?!

Stix

• Members

...How DO they stay in business with this level of incompetence?!

Wadda ya mean? This is the state of business and customer service today, just ask ANY computer or SW manufacturer. As everything is made cheaper and cheaper, products become disposable and service is no longer needed. Gone are the days of buying a product and having it last for 20+years.

• Members

Damn shame about that MG. My JBL speakers are all of 20 years old and, if you've been following this thread, with the exception of the driver being reconed, the rest of them are all original - built to last - and working flawlessly (knock wood!). I have no idea how much they were hammered before I owned them but I can tell you, my JBL tech checked them all out and gave them a clean bill of health (for what he could check). So these were certainly built to last. Just wish customer service was as good as the speakers!

Stix

• Members

***FINALLY!***

So I'm headed home from work and run into the local OS Job Lot to pick up some chemicals for the pool. I'm putting the stuff in the trunk and lo and behold, I look to an adjacent parking spot and there's my JBL guy... I yell out his name and he says "Hey, I've got something for you!" Proceeds to open the trunk on his car and... voila! My 8" driver all nice and reconed. Paid the man and took the baby home. Loaded it in the cab, fired it up and HEAVEN! All is well in the world!!

Stix

Archived