Five New Offsets from Fender

Phil O'Keefe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There probably isn't enough of a market for them to make any money off of them - not for a guitar that costs $500 new, "street". But I do feel for you - it must really be hard to be a left-handed guitarist when it comes to finding gear. :(

That makes me wonder what the actual percentages are - what percentage of guitarists are lefties? I believe it's about ten percent of the population at large, but I suspect some of them play right-handed, like my friend Lee Flier, so maybe the overall numbers for guitarists are a bit less. :idk:

I agree that the percentage is fairly low, but I think Fender could figure out a way to do special runs of left handed instruments like once a quarter or something that could be profitable. I mean they've already sold me the strat and tele, but now there's practically nothing else for me to buy.

I agree that the percentage is fairly low, but I think Fender could figure out a way to do special runs of left handed instruments like once a quarter or something that could be profitable. I mean they've already sold me the strat and tele, but now there's practically nothing else for me to buy.

I think part of the problem is that outside of the biggest selling models in the most popular colors, there's no guarantee they'd sell them. If a store wants to commission Fender to do a Factory Special Run they can order just about anything I suspect, but again, how many lefties are going to want a Mustang 90 in Silver? Some I imagine, but will they all go to that one store to get them? :idk:

It's just a difficult situation all around. I really think Fender would do it if they knew they had the advance orders (IOW, that they'd sell), but beyond the most popular models / colors, they probably think there's just not enough market to support it. :(

Archived