Just ordered a Mojo Mojo overdrive... excited to try something new...

steve_man

• Members

Been using my MXR Classic Overdrive in front of my tube amps for a few years. Ran across the Mojo Mojo recently... Gotta say, for the money, it seems to pack a lot of punch into an overdrive. TC Electronics is cranking out some killer gear right now... Picked it up for $30 (with some reward money from Musician's Friend), and now I can't wait to get it here.

• Members

Always fun to await the arrival of a new EG toy, especially when the footprint and cost of admission are not too burdensome.

I'm going to have Paul Gilbert fill in some details here, since I went to scope out this pedal. He's lovin it.

[video=youtube;Le4wL362MVU]

• Members

It LOOKS great! Have not even had a chance to try it out yet! Had a flood in our house, so my practice area had to get scooped up and moved to dry ground quickly. None of my gear was damaged, but gotta get it all dried out and put back in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

FINALLY got to sit down and try out the Mojo Mojo tonight, and I was impressed! Very organic tone, very responsive to picking dynamics. Sounds excellent through my Blues Junior. Has plenty of low end, and having the bass/treble controls is a nice touch. Great range of breakup, and responds very well to changes with the volume knob. Looking forward to using it live. Worth every penny.

Archived