Post some of your favorite........

bluesmann

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hardly different or unknown, but still very much one of my favourites. It's one of those songs that I will play on repeat until I hate it, but hopefully I'll manage to master that solo before that happens.

I love it because Gilmour is and always has been, in my opinion, the master of letting his guitar do the talking (along with Ritchie Blackmore). He is able to emote so clearly and strongly with a few carefully placed notes and well considered melodies. Before hearing this solo, I was convinced that Comfortably Numb was the pinnacle of emotive guitar playing. I now stand corrected. High Hopes sits on par with Comfortably Numb in my humble opinion. For me, it would be a dream come true to be able to write something half as powerful as this.

• Members

'nuff said, Dream Theater in their prime years (especially Petrucci before his change to MM guitars)

2. There was an Andy Summers video on youtube, about 55 minutes long, it was a lesson, he was showing a variety of chords voicings, that is probably my favourite lesson of all time, too bad that they deleted it from Youtube.

That solo is incredible and inspiring.

• Members

'nuff said, Dream Theater in their prime years (especially Petrucci before his change to MM guitars)

2. There was an Andy Summers video on youtube, about 55 minutes long, it was a lesson, he was showing a variety of chords voicings, that is probably my favourite lesson of all time, too bad that they deleted it from Youtube.

That solo is incredible and inspiring.

Lines in the sand is one of my favorites ( do you feel like we do?) Frampton comes alive)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived