Keyboard technique for Guitar samples

Chordite

• Members

I have a few synths but have always found the guitar patches hopelessly difficult to get sounding remotely, well, guitar like.

This guy gives some interesting pointers on addressing the challenge and with my eyes closed I would be pressed to tell.

[video=youtube_share;xCkGdzcdR-g]

• Members

Yeah blind nobody can tell.

It's the same with the drum software I use. A few years ago I fooled the drum forum with some stuff I played on my e kit triggering drum software.

Fooled everyone. One guy suspected for the wrong reason though....he thought it sounded TOO good...haha....cause I had left in all the room ambiance which made it sound too professional.

The thing is with programming off a keyboard, with any instrument...you STILL need to have the sensibilities of the instrument you're triggering.

This guy obviously plays guitar or understands the minute mechanics behind guitar playing so well that he might as well be a guitar player. He "thinks" in that instrument when he is triggering it.

It's why as a drummer I have no problem with people who only know how to "program" drums. I don't care. Doesn't offend me one bit. If it sounds good....that's all that matters.

Archived