EKO Rio Grande VI

catscurlyear

• Members

oops, I was wrong

some models had the black platen in 1967 already, as can be seen in the catalogs

the 1973 catalog also shows some models with white plates

be sure to let me know if you find any official reference to a Rio Grande please . it`s becoming like a murder mystery.lol

• Members
Hi Howard' date=' the black logo was used on the Ranger XII in the `67 catalog . i can`t find reference to the name Rio Grande though through the catalogs, but i only looked at the pictures, lol.[/quote']

Well spotted. Looks like both logos ran concurrently then. Perhaps they used one or the other on different models?

• Members

be sure to let me know if you find any official reference to a Rio Grande please . it`s becoming like a murder mystery.lol

Cats. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Rio Grande mentioned in an Eko brochure but it's quite a while ago so I could be wrong. I've hunted the web with no luck, so far.

Fetish guitars does have an article on the Ranger series: http://www.fetishguitars.com/eko/eko-ranger/

They say in the article: "There has been two main generations, the watershed year being about 1973. They are visually distinguished at first glance by the stenciled rosette, less ornate after 1973. While the older ones have more vintage appeal, the post-1973 Rangers are technically improved instruments with their thinner and more consistent polyester finish and improved bracing."

If that is so and if applies to all models, I'd guess that your Rio Grande is post 73 since it doesn't have the distinctive "diamond" pattern rosette. OTOH maybe they used a simple rosette earlier on the Rio Grande.

PS. Another Eko fan:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31740703[/ATTACH]

Archived