Mains for my new PA.

• Members

The PRX 512's have a more symetrical look. The 612's have a more lopsided look.

I have both and prefer the MRX512M over the PRX612M for monitor duty. The angle on the 612 makes them really hard to hear on small stages. I power my 512's with one side of an XTi 4000 and they kill. Bigger box, but much better monitor IMO.

YMMV

• Members

I too am really interested in the RCF speakers. I've never heard of the RCF brand though, are they relatively new to the US or something? I'm also having trouble finding a dealer. From what I'm reading on their website I can't find where it says it has a HP filter on the speaker. If I were to run one PRX618XLF and have 2x RCF ART 312a would I still need a crossover?

• Members

The PRX 618sXLF is designed to allow you to send a full range signal to the sub and then it will high pass out to tops. It will also sum stereo into a single sub and then send the stereo back out to R and L tops if that is what you need or want. Mark C.

• Members

So let me see if I got this straight... I send 2 xlrs to the sub, then send 2 xlrs to the tops. The sub has a built in stereo xover?

Yes, as I read the PRX owners manual. Send a L and R signal (two cables) to one sub, and then send a L and R signal to the L and R tops, respectively. The manual is available on line at the JBL PRX website. Mark C.

• Members

The RCF 312As are an incredible value for you US buyers as you can get them as low as 400$ a piece. Prices seem to be going up however so get them while you can at this price. The 312As outperform anything at this price point, quite simply. Don't expect much deep bass, but rather a very smooth, balanced cabinet that has impressive output from it s true 350 watts of built-in amplification.

I've got two pairs of the ultra compact 310As and they are simply incredible - especially with a sub or two handling the low end. By themselves, they excel as vocal PA or as compact monitors. I do use them quite often full range for small events where deep bass is not wantedequired.

Al

Archived