Let's try this again - Windows 10 Netbooks / Tablets / Laptops?

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

I still have Windows 7 on my main DAW computer.

Did you try Windows 8 before going to 8.1? If so, what did you think of it?

No. I just bought it blindly like most people. I like it fine in a touch-screen environment.I haven't used it w/a mouse. I just hope M$ doesn't change to Win 10 w/o my permission.

I'm thinking of buying another Click 2. They are down to $349 at Best Buy. I had problems w/the on/off switch with mine. But it's the last hybrid you'll see, I bet, w/a 500 gig hard drive. Most give you SSB drives of 64 or 120 Gig.

I don't recommend that model because of the on/off switch problem I experienced.But I liked it and used it. No problems at all w/my Portege. Both are 8.1

IMHO, Windows 8.1 was not a failure.It works nicely with touch screens.

Portege

portege-Z20t-B2110-600-01.jpg

Click 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyNHVMUMQ0pIeE2-AxoHyWi9gYEcS9ObKhbwZ4s7xN4nT2vuof

• Members

I use an Asus Transformer. It has a 10" screen, you can use it as a tablet by simply sliding a button and removing the keyboard. it cost under $300. I've had it a couple of years. I use it evry weekend to play back my mp3 backing tracks. Never had a problem with it.

I use an Asus Transformer. It has a 10" screen' date=' you can use it as a tablet by simply sliding a button and removing the keyboard. it cost under $300. I've had it a couple of years. I use it evry weekend to play back my mp3 backing tracks. Never had a problem with it.[/quote']

How does the Intel Atom's quad core processor do in terms of horsepower? Is it fairly capable, or pretty limited in terms of what it can handle?

Archived