NAMM soon ! We need a rumor thread.

bieke

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Announcement- due to an unplanned outage that took down both our production and backup databases, this thread (and several others) were cut off prematurely. We were able to reconstruct the majority of the thread, and will be rebuilding it below. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the vb it would be time prohibitive and disruptive to the original participants to reconstruct the posts with attribution, so attribution will be visible within the post, not as the poster. We apologize for the trouble and will be reaching out to individual participants.

Moving on...

• Members

his seems fun, it's a clip on speakerspeaker amplifier that can boost an electric guitar's raw sound, made by DelSonix. The speaker, known as the SD28, is made of a hollow wooden pickup with a bottom-resonating cavity, which is clamped to the guitar's headstock. It picks up the instrument's vibrations, while a resonator projects the sound. DelSonix claims the passive device works with all electric guitars and basses and can increase loudness from 6 to 12dB, depending on guitar design. By rotating the resonator, guitarists can project the sound in specific directions, while the entire device rolls up into a 1-inch tube for storage.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-04%20at%2012.02.20%20PM.png

• Members

the gossip is that the Waldorf Kassettenspieler (see above) is just a hoax and on the german boards these popped up as well

sprechkaese.jpg

Sprechkäse - talking cheese - vocoder

White noise generator

Pulse oscillator (0-1 khz).

16 Filters

14 x 6th order active bandpass

1 x lowpass

1 x highpass

16 Envelope followers and modulators.

and the Klassenzimmer - classroom- room simulator

klassenzimmer.jpg?w=666

• Members

here will be a prototype of a Gittler bass at NAMM

img_9251-jpg.767077

There are 3 bass models, all titanium, - 4-string fretted, 4-string fretless, and a 5-string fretted.

There is a 1/4" and 13-pin jack on the instrument for MIDI capability (you can also track MIDI in to your DAW just ), with LED fret markers, and an adjustable strap/support system (the smaller rods you see sticking out in the pictures)

img_9242-jpg.767076

img_9239-jpg.767075

• Members

exas-based 660 Guitars will reveal its new line of aluminum-bodied guitars.

The roughly Explorer-shaped body of the company's first production guitar, the Patriot, is constructed from a single piece of aircraft-grade, powder coated aluminum. There's a groovy American flag to the rear and the lower horn and upper wings are represented by framing only, with the short upper front wing doubling as a carry handle for on stage gymnastics or ease of transport.

patriot-660-guitars-namm-5.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=930&s=b57150cc817d8d749c5db03d8dcce67f

• Members

Virtual Jeff from up-and-coming Australian guitar tech company, FOMOfx.

virtual-jeff-650-80.jpg

Virtual Jeff offers digital pitch control of analogue guitar signals – ie, anything with a pickup – delivering the familiar feel of a whammy bar but doing away with the associated mechanical difficulties: revolutionary stuff.

FOMOfx reckons installation of the Virtual Jeff whammy system takes "30 seconds" via a pair of included mounts – no drilling or routing is required, and the device is easily swappable between electric, acoustic and bass guitars.

• Members

SoloAmp personal sound column and a companion SoloAmp Sub bass module. will debut at NAMM

bagamp-on-beach-1280x901-7.jpg

The 2016 SoloAmp is a portable sound amplification system, weighing under 24 pounds — amp, stand, and bag — SoloAmp is super easy to carry. It sets up just by putting the amp on its stand, and plugging in its power cord.

• Members

Originally posted by bieke View Post

another goofy new product is the Stomplight

photo-original.jpg

The StompLight - professional lighting effects pedal is bringing exciting lighting effects to all the places musicians, artists, and DJs perform where there is no stage lighting ...

I've been flooded with press releases for this gadget, but I never figured out how it worked or what it really did. Is that multicolored bar that looks like a lens the only light source? I figured it was a light controller, but from that photo it seems that it's an integrated light, too. Probably fine for illumination effects of a DJ sitting at a console (or, I guess these days, a computer) or maybe an individual performer, but not for lighting up the background.

[save this for my show report]

• Members

The 2016 SoloAmp is a portable sound amplification system, weighing under 24 pounds — amp, stand, and bag — SoloAmp is super easy to carry. It sets up just by putting the amp on its stand, and plugging in its power cord.

That photo reminds me of a Broom Hilda (I think) cartoon where she's standing in a forest with an electric chain saw and looking around for an outlet to plug it in.

• Members

That photo reminds me of a Broom Hilda (I think) cartoon where she's standing in a forest with an electric chain saw and looking around for an outlet to plug it in.

I immediately thought of that BOSE L1 system

The SoloAmp was licensed to Fishman in 2005 and sold from 2008 onwards as the Fishman Loudbox SoloAmp, but the Original creator, Jack Campbell, kept improving the system and got the rights back to make his own, first production run is planned first quarter of 2016. Looks like the SoloAmp is going to be much more affordable than the Bose system, got me interested

http://soloamp.com/index.html

• Members

Ibanez has a large range of updated guitars and a new Talman and 7 string

TM302-IV_TFB-650-80.jpg

Very nice - I've always liked the Talman line.

RGDIX7MPB-SBB-650-80.jpg

Too pointy IMHO - you could poke someone's eye out with that thing! eekphil.gif wink.png

and some additions to the mini stompbox line

analog-delay-mini-650-80.jpg

chorus-mini-650-80.jpg

super-metal-mini-650-80.jpg

Sweet! phil-thumbs-up-small.gif I wonder if the chorus and delay are based on the vintage Ibanez / Maxon CS9 / AD9 circuits?

• Members

• 2 comments

• image.php?userid=12880&thumb=1&dateline=1394376335
      #44.1

bieke commented
      01-08-2016, 03:06 AM

yeah that would just be too good, looks can be deceiving, comments I've read (and I also think it is likely so), is that these are SMD made by Shenzhen Rowin or Mooer, but in a different housing, it looks neat

[*] image.php?userid=60615&thumb=1&dateline=1393485163

#44.2

Phil O'Keefe commented

01-11-2016, 11:17 AM

I figured they had to be made with SMD - there's no way you could do through-hole with something that small. I think a mini-CS9/AD9 would be cool - even if it was made with SMD. Hopefully Mooer (or whoever the OEM was) used those original circuits. smile.png

[*]

• Members

- Audio Damage has been releasing killer plugins for years, and has recently been making moves in the world of Eurorack, too. At NAMM, however, we'll see the company move in another direction as it announces its first guitar pedals. One of these will definitely be a stereo chorus, and it appears that there could be others, too.

- Eventide are readying a new H9 algorithm "inspired by the 100th Anniversary of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity" – sounds intriguing, relatively…

- Big things are expected from Marshall, including a brand-new product line, plus a new configuration of a classic head.

- At the Fender stand, we'll be seeing new high-end Fenders and affordable Gretsch models.

- Bass will be an increased focus for Orange this year

- A new Strymon pedal?

- Rumblings of new product lines from Blackstar – valve or digital?

- Another Moog Minifooger or two will crop up

- There will be at least one new DigiTech pedal – could be an expanded Trio.

- Something new from Neunaber.

- Laney has a whole new product line in store

- There will definitely be a new TC Electronic pedal

- Knaggs and Steve Stevens have collaborated on a new signature model, the SSC

- ThorpyFX will be showcasing The Peacekeeper low-gain overdrive.

- North Carolina's Alexander Pedals are cooking up something special.

Last edited by bieke; 01-08-2016, 04:16 AM.

• Members

Brand new multi-touch DAW ready for release at NAMM 2016

Lumit Audio created the most user-friendly graphic interface on the market. Combined with multi-touch funtionallity and robust MIDI mapping, Lumit also claims to have made the fastest tool for music production by stripping away all the unnecessary clutter of modern DAWs

fetch?linkid=31688363&type=thumb Lumit Audio

http://www.lumit-audio.com

Lumit is music production software designed for rapid music creation and portability.

Archived