Cyberlink powerdvd ultra bundle $50 new deal- burns 128gb bdxl, plays everything win10 won't.. doesn't involve a subscription... should I?

bookumdano4

• Members

After successful testing for a few months as an upgrade, I'm going to do a clean install of win10 pro next week on one of my i5 laptops. Mostly as a hybrid for daw and personal stuff when traveling.

Since win 10 lacks some quickie media playback features, I'm seriously considering the Cyberlink ultra 15 bundle special on their website. Figure I can't go wrong for $50. I was looking towards vlc, but the cyberlink thing looks pretty cool.

The bundle includes win10 compatibility, the ability to play back Blu-ray disks (no biggie in my case), capture youtube videos (which I've been doing in other ways), + various other features I don't really care about.... but also includes the ability to burn large dual/triple/quad layer bdxl 100-128gb blu-ray files (multi-track sessions etc) as optical safeties/backups to compliment what I now do with hard drives. Which I am interested in now.... thanks to Craig talking about it over the past few weeks.

I'm going to grab either a Pioneer or Panasonic bdxl sata burner to pop into the laptop for the clean install. Those two are also okay with win10 and the cyberlink stuff. Cyberlink does offer some products that are subscription based, but the ultra bundle I'm looking at to grab tomorrow is non-subscription.

I think the bundle will do some sort of rudimentary backups too, but for that, I plan to continue using Ghost now that I figured out how to make Ghost 15 work with windows 10.

Thoughts?

Archived