- we are easy to deal with
-amps sound better lined up and facing forward
-more reverb and/or delay makes the vocals sound better
- the auctions should take 15 minutes
- mayor blahblah is an experienced public speaker
-more bandmembers makes the band more exciting
- my drum mics will be better than your mics
-we get a better mix if we do our own and send you a stereo pair
-make the monitors the same mix as the house and we'll do the rest.
-we take care of our own solos
-more monitor mixes help us get in the groove
-we're a non profit

• Members

Trust us...

indeed. heard that one.

more:

-there will be security

-professional DJs(I've met about two in 30 years)

-our drummer is very experienced

-My wife really knows our sound and will mix with you

-This is what "insert big name here" uses.

-you cant play well with two or 3 pieces of drums

-overhead mics go here

-stereo sounds better

-you'll be able to mix from the audience area.

- we can work with any backline

• Members

You don't have to call it dual mono unless that is what it is. If you are panning things and separating them into a stereo field, then it is stereo. If you have both channels running identically, with everything centered, then you have dual mono because there is no stereo field. You might introduce a hint of one by running a stereo FX return. Most folks here won't run stereo because it causes issues generally. We will (and most of us do) run dual mono.

• Moderators

You don't have to call it dual mono unless that is what it is. If you are panning things and separating them into a stereo field, then it is stereo. If you have both channels running identically, with everything centered, then you have dual mono because there is no stereo field. You might introduce a hint of one by running a stereo FX return. Most folks here won't run stereo because it causes issues generally. We will (and most of us do) run dual mono.

I mostly run everything centered but use stereo effects. However, when the stage volume is pretty loud, I will sometimes pan the people to the opposite side if needed to make sure both players (usually guitarists) can be heard. Conversely, at a really big show where the guitars are fairly balanced coming off stage, I might add some mains on the same side as people will often vote with their feet to stand by their favorite of the two. Depends on the band.

Also, nothing wrong with some slight panning at an outdoor show or a big indoor show to widen the drum kit a bit and separate backup singers a bit.

Really all depends on the size and nature of where the people sit or stand in the venue.

Terry D.

• Members

BTW, I still set up in stereo. I do the panning thing for guitar amps too. it's also good for people that walk around with wireless systems, you can quickly pan to the other stack when they walk right in front of one side

Archived