The one that got away, came back!

kadrocker

• Members

When I was 15 years old I bought an Ibanez Pro Line Flying V. I played that thing hard. Loved it.

When i was 22 I let the guitar go. I regretted it the moment it left my possession. I was crushed, and tbere was no getting it back.

i've been looking on eBay a few times a month for the last 10 years hoping it might pop up. No luck.

It it was the one that got away. frown.gif

UNTIL:

I recently looked on craigslist, I saw an ad that read "ibanez Flying V". I clicked on the ad and read the description. I contacted the seller and requested pictures. And would you believe it: it was my old guitar!!!!

I talked to the seller and we agreed on a price. I went picked it up this morning. I never thought I would see it again. It's in the same exact condition as when It left.

I'll never let it go again. 10 years without it. Sheesh!

i know this is a terrible picture, but it's all I have at the moment. This picture was taken in Feb of 2001, right before I played my first gig. I'll try and get a current pic here soon.

cb9ed32de16cff5e92255a51a174aa11.jpg.b63d850e19f66e3154381072d4a2cebc.jpg

• Members

Nice!! A similar thing just happened with my Dad and his 80's Randall Amp. Had to sell it when in the late 90's to pay bills, and I found it for him in the same shop he had traded it to this year for his Birthday in June. Wish that amp could speak, I'd love to know where it disappeared to for 18 years.

• Members

Oh man! That's awesome, Taylor! I imagine the goosebumps your dad got when he saw it again. I was all smiles when I saw pictures- when I actually picked it up again, you could of knocked me over with a feather!

Wish this guitar could talk as well! Would love to hear the stories!

Its like i never put it down, still comfortable as can be to play. V's are just easy for me to play In general. And my hand rests easy on the bridge.

So happy and excited to have it back!

That's so cool that you were able to get your old guitar back after all these years! Congratulations! :philthumb:

I have a couple that I deeply regret selling and that I suspect I'll never see again, but your story shows that anything is possible - maybe I shouldn't give up hope! Then again, it's been about thirty years since I last saw a couple of the ones I'd love to be able to buy back, so they probably are gone for good... and likely would look nothing like their former selves even if I was able to find them again. :cry:

• Members

I still remembered every little scratch, ding,

mark on it. I described it in full detail which the owner replied with "it all checks out!" I then mentioned that there was a huge skull spray painted in the case. That sealed the deal. I spent a lot of time on eBay over the years hoping I might come across it.

Phil- never give up hope. You may get lucky.

Archived