Sign in to follow this  
Mark L

I thought I'd lost this (spam)

Just found this buried in the depths of my hard-drive

Ted Robbins (related to Paul McCartney, apparently) had a show on BBC Radio Lancashire. On it there was a talent spot called 'The Y Factor'. In 2005 I sent in a CD containing five songs, and he chose one to play

The song was 'Barmy Army'. There were songs by three other hopefuls on the show. My song won. Here's an edited version of the programme. At one point he gets my name wrong. He calls me Paul Yates

Sorry about the spam, but I'm quite excited to have found this after all these years :)

The Y Factor

When will you ever realize you have a great voice?

Anyway, I really like the chord changes when you go into the "barmy army" section.

I remember this one Mark. You had a video with it as well did you not? I think that video was the one that got me interested in you to begin with.

When will you ever realize you have a great voice?

Anyway, I really like the chord changes when you go into the "barmy army" section.

You've got talent Mark! And I agree with Craig about your voice. It's not just a little good either, but exceptionally good, far above what I hear these days.

You've got talent Mark! And I agree with Craig about your voice. It's not just a little good either, but exceptionally good, far above what I hear these days.

Very kind of you to say so, mate. Thanks :)