Compression and Mixer Boards

• Members

I will have to take your word for it since my experience with the mic is somewhat limited at this point - having used it only a few times so far. For general speech, it seems to be just fine, and as mentionned I haven't had any problems yet... What issues does the mic have other than so-so sound quality and some handling noise? I always use a new alkaline 9V with mine and have had no distance related problems yet BUT have only used it a few times. I know there are much better cordless mics out there, but for the few times I will use it, I didn't want to spend a fortune. (that and I have to let other people handle/use it for weddings/speeches etc..)

Al

I look at it as subjective anyway, the PGX is entry level Shure pro wireless mic. I could spend a grand or 200.00 more for the higher end mic, but at least I know the night it does die I can replace it for less than 4 bills vs paying 10 bills. Oh and I can go in the crapper and it still works, did I mention that part???

• Members

I will have to take your word for it since my experience with the mic is somewhat limited at this point - having used it only a few times so far. For general speech, it seems to be just fine, and as mentionned I haven't had any problems yet... What issues does the mic have other than so-so sound quality and some handling noise? I always use a new alkaline 9V with mine and have had no distance related problems yet BUT have only used it a few times. I know there are much better cordless mics out there, but for the few times I will use it, I didn't want to spend a fortune. (that and I have to let other people handle/use it for weddings/speeches etc..)

Al

My PGX is double AA's, get about 5 hours on a charge. What model has the 9 volt?

• Members

I look at it as subjective anyway, the PGX is entry level Shure pro wireless mic. I could spend a grand or 200.00 more for the higher end mic, but at least I know the night it does die I can replace it for less than 4 bills vs paying 10 bills. Oh and I can go in the crapper and it still works, did I mention that part???

Entry level PRO??? It has nothing to do with their pro lines, it's purely an entry level mic with entry level performance. Nothing wrong with that IF you are the intended entry level consumer. Your comment about replacing it and cost highlights youor place in the market. Pro users don't think that way, they thing long term, they are looking for service support IF there is a problem, they are looking for reliability rather than thinking about replacement.

• Members

Disagree. SM58 is considered pro gear and "classic" from all literature I've read. I don't see there that much to go wrong with PGX except short of misuse.

I was talking about the PG and PGX wireless. Doesn't matter what the element is.

You have read too much and understood too little. You might peruse some of the old threads on this forum, many of these "confusing" topics have been discussed before by knowledgable people.

Archived