Patch Panel Pedal

LeBerbs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

fetch?id=31516270

This isn't in anyway related to the thread, I was just thinking about switch boxes and had a question that was related to this design. All of the jacks physically connect the sleeve to the case right, that's how it grounds? If that's the case, is it necessary to connect the sleeve wires to each other, is there some kind of advantage to having an actual cable connecting the two tips?

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey ya Phil.

Just got this in my email from Gibson.

Looks like I'm late to the party.

Good article.

Only thing I would do differently is to paint/decal the box after you drill the holes.

Its to easy to chip paint if you drill into a painted box (although painters masking tape can lessen the chance of that happening).

This isn't in anyway related to the thread, I was just thinking about switch boxes and had a question that was related to this design. All of the jacks physically connect the sleeve to the case right, that's how it grounds? If that's the case, is it necessary to connect the sleeve wires to each other, is there some kind of advantage to having an actual cable connecting the two tips?

No, you don't have to use the ground point wires - at least if you're using a conductive case and the jacks are grounding to it. If it's painted in such a way as to insulate the jacks from the case, or if you're using a non-conductive (plastic) case, then the ground wires become important.

Archived