Hercules guitar stand with hanger yoke defective?

Fusion1

• Members

I just opened a new guitar stand I bought well over a year ago and the two tabs that swing open and closed on first looks they are in different directions where they should be supposed to both be pointing down with no guitar in the stand correct? Is there a way to adjust the direction of the malfunctioning tab? When putting the guitar in the malfunctioning tab does turn but not all the way.

7ff679b10954785841c432e839bf6e37.thumb.jpg.d83fe4ee3ad06072cf062b9503bebc2b.jpg

69eb6520fa9de4eb97306156fd9a3062.thumb.jpg.6dce4b7eea85ad2e842095c71e50d5fb.jpg

• Members

is this normal? Is it fixable? Hercules doesn't have a customer support at all and they pass the customer off to local distributors but in my case it is over a year ago but never used and the nearest place is Guitar Center but I know I did not purchase it there. Most probably Music 123 or Musician's Fiend.

• Members

looks like someone had tried forcing it open and didn`t know that you just lift the guitar for it to release . i have one of those three in one stands by the same company and have seen people trying to force open the claws to get the guitar out and the same thing happened to mine, bent all off scew. maybe they sold you a return item.i wouldn`t know how to remedy it short of bending it back . mine has only one left working ,bad design for numties and should be for home use only.

• Members

Doubt it was a return as it was still factory sealed. I think they just pushed out a defective product without their QC catching this. Reading reviews on this and other models with this auto grab yoke, I have read at least 2 that have had this problem right out of the box. I will take it to Guitar Center tomorrow and hope they do an even exchange.

• Members

So I took it to Guitar Center yesterday (Monday) and they recognized it was defective but then the manager calls their vendor and said they would ship me a new one but took my old one. He was going to send me off like that without a receipt but I made sure he gave me some proof I brought in the defective one otherwise I just gave the guy a brand new stand that they will likely sell as a refurb or something. He was hemming and hawing about even giving me a receipt but I just want to cover my a$$ in case he wasn't really talking to someone on the phone from his vendor or Hercules, and if a new stand doesn't show up at my door in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
...supposed to both be pointing down with no guitar in the stand correct?

eh... I thought the tabs point UP with no geetar. :idk:

Is there a way to adjust the direction of the malfunctioning tab? When putting the guitar in the malfunctioning tab does turn but not all the way.

When I tested one of these stands in a store a few years ago, they sort of sounded like they might have straight tooth plastic gears meshing together internally via shafts. Otherwise, your only hope to fix such a problem is to pop the tab + bushing assembly with the problem out of the fork/bracket and re-synchronise. :freak:

Archived