IEM Users and Sound Men Weigh In Please

• Members

If any one is interested, here's a little video from our Friday night gig. Little banter we do with the crowd included. helps work them up for the songs also. This was early third set and the crowd was still strong. YOu can only see up to one side of the bar, but it was fun as the other side was rocking too.

Finally got a chance to see the video. Nice. Folsum Prison is still on our setlist. I liked the band a lot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...Monitoring was kept to wedges. Fridays venue sound man said he had ran them before but due to the board they were using (ProFX22) he felt more comfortable on wedges due to
uncertainty of level spikes

[emphasis added]

Do you have a Limiter on the receiver that you're wearing? Be sure to use it.

• Members

Do you have a Limiter on the receiver that you're wearing? Be sure to use it.

Nice catch. Yes, spikes in wedges = bad; spikes in IEM = permanent hearing damage. Make sure your system has a limiter and it is set correctly if not internal.

• Members

We carry a short splitter snake so when we are doing IEMs and not FOH we run the board the same way as when we run all sound from stage, with the exception of running the FOH speakers. All I/O for our rig is through patch panels on the racks and the Mixwiz is permanently wired.

This is how all my touring buddies do it. You're going to have to do it this way because you need to have a consistent mix with IEM's or you're dead in the water.

• Members

This is how all my touring buddies do it. You're going to have to do it this way because you need to have a consistent mix with IEM's or you're dead in the water.

Yep, we carry our own split as well: when we don't run FOH ourselves, everything we need in the IEMs goes into the split first, and gets fed to our ears and FOH.

Archived