My office today.

• Members

Parade PA today. Right behind the stage is a bench. Under the bench is a 20 amp duplex. This is an annual gig that takes me about 10 minutes to set up and 10 tear down. I play a Sousa CD from nine to ten then ride the mic for the 45 minute parade and am home by eleven.

My office.

409591_3422124520585_1962438366_n.jpg

My speakers.

264_3422124320580_678101507_n.jpg

The look.

487269_3422123600562_483326252_n.jpg

• Members

Did you have to do the announcements as the floats go by or walk the fader as they were made by someone else? No sound is need straight on I take it.

It looks like a Global ST-132 stand. I have a set and they work well.

Do you really know what all those knobs do? :-)

Glad to see you had a relaxing gig!

Dookietwo

• Members

Nice! Our "Christmas" parade, the guy brings 4 speakers and a Peavey head...kinda disappointing because it's always packed. Would like to get the gig, set two up on the announcers side and connect another two wirelessly across the road (powered speakers of course)

• Members

Dookietwo - There is an Emcee. I actually keep the music running during the parade, just fade it nearly out when he speaks and back up during breaks.

The stands are OK but quite heavy and a bit awkward for one person to person to deal with.

Height is the key to public address in this application. If you look very closely at the 'look' picture, off to the left you'll see Port-a-Johns near the rear of the field. They are almost perfectly 90 degrees off axis from the speakers. Before the parade started I used one of them and could hear the the music and pre-parade announcements perfectly.

• Members

How do you like those stands? I see they're rated to 220lbs. Have you ever loaded them near that level? Any issues?

I have a set that I use for 2, 90lbs speakers. So loaded with 180lbs they work fine for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346893[/ATTACH]

They come in around 56 lbs each. Solid but it does take some getting used to as far as moving them around,setting up. Had them for some time now. No problems with wench,cable,tighteners etc. Solid little stands.

Dookietwo

• Members

They come in around 56 lbs each. Solid but it does take some getting used to as far as moving them around,setting up. Had them for some time now. No problems with wench,cable,tighteners etc. Solid little stands.

Dookietwo

Doug, How are you getting those EF500's up on the stands, from floor-level ? Looks like they're "hung" from some sort of bracket too?

• Members

The stands are OK but quite heavy and a bit awkward for one person to person to deal with.

Height is the key to public address in this application. If you look very closely at the 'look' picture, off to the left you'll see Port-a-Johns near the rear of the field. They are almost perfectly 90 degrees off axis from the speakers. Before the parade started I used one of them and could hear the the music and pre-parade announcements perfectly.

Bill, are those the KV2 EX 10's? What do those weigh in at?

• Members

Doug, How are you getting those EF500's up on the stands, from floor-level ? Looks like they're "hung" from some sort of bracket too?

To be honest they are very easy to put on the bar. I would rather slide 2 on the bar than put 1 up and on its pole mount on the bottom of the speaker.

The bar is aprox 6 feet or maybe a little less high when the stand is all the way down. I only have to pick the speaker up until the bottom of the speaker is just a little above my waist. This puts the top of the speaker at the bar height. I just side them on the bar. The bar is solid 1 inch thick crank shaft metal. I use M10 eyebolts and locking thumb screw colars to fly the speaker and keep it from moving. The speakers are designed to be flown and are M10 flyware ready.

I you look at the picture. Closest to the stands center is 2 colars that are held in place by allen hex screws. Counter sunk into the shaft. These stop the speakers motion toward the center pole. Then the 2 M10 eye bolts screwed into the speakers flyware. Then the outer colar with a thumb screw. This is also counter sunk into the shaft with a predrilled notch I put in. The shaft was bent to match a splay I thought would work best all around for me. I have thougth about making a swivel where it connect to the center but never got around to it. These work fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346900[/ATTACH]

Very stable even with these speakers. I can hang just 1 speaker all the way out on the 1 inch shaft and still the stand is stable. I hang one speaker. Slide it all the way in toward the inside colar. Put in the thumb screw. Go get the other speaker with no worries that it will fall over while I'm gone.

A friend of my is a Cert. Welder and between the 2 of us we dreamed this up. I like the system. Works well.

Dookietwo

Bill; Sorry to sway your post.

Archived