Where can I obtain a replacement 3 bolt "micro tilt" neck for a G&L Legacy Stratocaster ?

Buttcrust

• Members

Has it got a double action truss rod? Or if you can get the truss rod nut off and put a small washer on under it , it could give you a little more pull.

Only thing I can think other than that is contact g&l to see if they will replace the neck.

• Members

I know nothing about Hamer or double action truss rods. The adjustment head "nut" snapped off from trying to torque it tighter...fml olo

G&L told me to send them an Email with a pic, and they could make another neck...Didn't get a quote yet. I feel worthless...nothing unusual...:0

I'd like to help with your trem arm. That G&L cost me 27 bucks...lol. It also needs a trem arm too. I think it might be worth fixing, even obtaining a new neck...all the electronics work, tuning keys are good...just the truss rod is f'd, and the neck is bowed, quite a bit actually. Go to the hardware store and find an Allen hex wrench that fits. I have about 50 of the things, from tiny to big (kid was a machinist and got them from his workplace "tool crib" attendant...)

• Members

No sweat brother just messin witcha. I use a PRS trem arm which is almost perfect and a ratchet on my truss rod adjustment.

Looks like another used steal on your part. Now that Fretsy's gone, I guess you get the crown for best bargain finder around here. Good luck finding a neck. Seems like Ebay should have one cheaper than the company does.

• Members
  • Members

I'm not familiar with G&L but if its a fairly standard clone of a Stratocaster then any of the replacement Fender necks should work. StewMac sells one that is not drilled for the mounting bolts that has a 2-3/16 wide, 3" long and 5/8 deep tenon (25.5 scale). Its fretted and the headstock is drilled but not shaped - you make it look like whatever you want. Use the old neck or backing plate as a template when drilling. I'm sure there are others like it.

• Members

The descriptions of some of the G&L necks I've seen say they won't fit a Fender Strat. Frankly, I'd be inclined to doubt it but it's also a risk. If a generic Strat neck will indeed fit, you can buy them shaped, fretted, and finished all day long on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_2?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A11968541%2Ck%3Astrat+neck&keywords=strat+neck&ie=UTF8&qid=1423704110&rnid=2941120011.

• Members
The descriptions of some of the G&L necks I've seen say they won't fit a Fender Strat. Frankly' date=' I'd be inclined to doubt it but it's also a risk. If a generic Strat neck will indeed fit, you can buy them shaped, fretted, and finished all day long on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_2?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A11968541%2Ck%3Astrat+neck&keywords=strat+neck&ie=UTF8&qid=1423704110&rnid=2941120011.[/quote']

The reason for that might be that (most) fender necks are four bolt - you would need to either find a three holer, one with no holes (like the StewMac) or fill the holes and redrill. Measure what you got and compare with what you are buying...

• Members

The reason for that might be that (most) fender necks are four bolt - you would need to either find a three holer, one with no holes (like the StewMac) or fill the holes and redrill....

. . . The heel dimensions of a Fender neck are completely different from a G&L neck so they're not really interchangable. The heel goes all the way to the end on a G&L neck while a Fender neck with 22 frets has an overhang for that 22nd fret.

In that case, the lefty neck I found on eBay at $100 OBO is undrilled: http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Tribure-...item463446b9f8. Might be worth your time to contact the seller. I do note it's for a Tribute, not a Legacy. No idea if that makes a difference.

Archived