You have $1000 to spend on a guitar and amp, what do you buy?

billybilly

• Members

G & L's are killer guitars....I like them better than Fenders (even though Leo Fender was largely responsible for the design of G & L's as well)

They seem to be higher quality......

Leo Fender agreed:

In a print advertisement for G&L, Leo Fender claimed the G&L line of instruments were "the best instruments I have ever made."

• Members

There are almost too many choices in this price range these days that it makes the whole exercise a little uninteresting. What a blessing that is for all of us but especially young players. In 1978 dollars, when I started playing, there was nothing in this comparable range. You went pretty much from Sears catalog/really terrible plastic Japanese copy guitars, straight to Gibsons and Fenders. There is an amazing range of options these days.

Having said that,

I'll be uninteresting and say go with a $500 Mexican Strat and almost any $500 modeling amp out there, and you've got a really nice, flexible rig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

im almost in the same boat... i have a couple of amps that i dont really care for but they arent worth enough to really sell, and one is a head but i dont have a cab... i have more but everything is about $3000 miles away... that being said i think i would go with a new bugera v22HD infinium and a cab. and probably something from rondo music for a guitar...

Archived