Moving up?

• Members

Have any of you used a Mixwiz,and moved up? Specifically to an Allen & Heath GL 2400 24 channel mixer? For a larger format mixer it appears to be very similar in set - up to the Mixwiz. I know there is a whole lot more going on (routing,subgroups,etc.),but the basic channel layout is almost identical.Seems to me to be the next step (desk wise) in this evolution.Any pros,or cons? As always,thanx!!!

• Members

I can't really think of anything I don't like about my GL2400 after about 4 years of use. Maybe that it's heavy! Sounds good, have not had a single issue with it, good layout, EQ is pretty good, and using the matrix for those pesky Oh we need another mix here moments. Be nice if I have 6 prefader auxes, not four, would be about the only be nice to have from me!

If you are going old school analog it's a great mixer. I moved up from a Mackie VZL1642 to an Onxy1642 to the A and H and have not regretted it for a second. Also has a bit of snob reduction factor, people who work in the industry see you have a A and H and figure you are not a total hack.

• Members

I went backwards from a GL2200-24 to a MixWiz to solve a time issue. The main band that I support plays at a chain of pub venues that only allow a 1 hour setup. I bought a large EWI slant top case, put a MixWiz on top, consolidated 3 racks of gear into it, keep the snake in the bottom and saved about 15 minutes of setup time. I do miss some features, but the transition was painless and the sound quality seems equivalent.

• Members

Don't mean to sound stupid,or noobish,but what are they reffering too when they say"7X4 Matrix"?

It's generally (though there are exceptions, especially in the digital world where you can build your own matrix sources out of a G.P. mix bus) a seperate 4 output mixer that takes the submixes from the 4 groups plus L, C, and R.

It can be very handy for generating front fill mixes, lobby or broadcast mixes, overflow room mixes, dressing room and service area mixes, etc.

Archived