What have you bought lately?

homestar_kevin

• Members

I'm pretty settled on pedals after nearly 40 years of experimenting, lol. Only ones this year were a Keeley Compressor (the best out there after trying everything else; I got the 4-knob) and a Fishman Aura 16 (for acoustic guitar, damn cool pedal).

As to other stuff, I should preface by saying that since I've been playing for over 40 years, there's not much I haven't owned or tried (I still have about 40 guitars and 20 amps). After starting guitar in the early 70's and building a (very) modest collection of stuff back then, I sold it all to pay for college. Starting in the mid-90's I got back into playing, and even more into collecting, so I've got a pretty good museum of stuff today - much of it high-end - and thus there's not much left that I want to own that I haven't already owned or own. The final things on my list are - mostly - a Stephen Stills Gretsch White Falcon and Len Dudenbostel dreadnought acoustic.

Last thing I bought? A Fender Pawnshop Offset Special in shell pink that I got at a blowout price of $489, usual price is around $800. Cool instrument: great playability with a sound akin to a Fender Tele Deluxe. A total novelty for me.

• Members
Those epis look and sound great. Wish i wasnt such a shallow guy when it comes to headstocks.

The Epi headstocks don't bother me at all. In fact I kind of like 'em. I replaced the knobs on my '56 to gold top hats, like it better.

1956LPCB2_zps78b72ce6.jpg

This is my 1960 v3. Unmodded. 1/2" thick maple top, Gibson Burstbucker 1/2 in it, long neck tenon:

1960v3upclose2_zpsc48d627e.jpg

And the 2010 Tribute, also with long neck tenon, 1/2" maple top, and Gibson '57's in it. I added the gold speed knobs to it, otherwise stock.

Tributeupclose2_zpsec359cc4.jpg

• Members
just repurchased a digitech express xt. wonderful looper.

Does the Express XT sound different, tonally, than the Jamman Solo XT? I was thinking it was different, but am now not sure. I want to write up a looper article, those in the $100 up to $199 range.

• Members
Does the Express XT sound different, tonally, than the Jamman Solo XT? I was thinking it was different, but am now not sure. I want to write up a looper article, those in the $100 up to $199 range.
I havent played the solo, sorry. The xt sounds as good as the pigtronix infinity though.

Archived