How do you describe 'WARM SOUND' in your own words?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!!

:confused:

This spring I attended various traditional type musical performances in S. Korea and China. I was impressed with the quality of these performances; however, over-all, I judged the "sound" of those musical performances to be harsh and irritating... "rhythmic noise that was decidedly not an improvement over silence" as far as I was concerned. However, the audiences in-general seemed to relish that "sound", so obviously my taste in "what sounds good to me" seemingly differs considerably from the general members of those societies. If I had attempted to mix that music, I'm certain the audience would have judged that I butchered the sound . If I had attempted to develop and manufactured EQs (for example) to be used with an SR system with that music, I'm certain my product would have been judged as inferior... since I suspect I am incapable of identifying the fine nuances in that music.

• Members

Any attempt to objectify something that is inherently subjective = marketing bull{censored}.

"Leave your clothing and belongings here. Move quickly to the showers. Be sure to breathe deeply in the showers. Someone will be along shortly to collect you and your belongings."

Something I vaguely recall reading decades ago dealt with differences in what we think we hear. As I recall my understanding, human brains develop differently (person to person) at a young age (birth till approx. 4 or 5 years old) based on the sounds they are subjected to in their environment. For example: Human speech is capable of approx. 60 different sounds; however, western English only utilizes approx. 20 of those 60 different sounds. For example: English utilizes almost none of the clicking sounds that aborigine societies use. When babies are born, the portions of their brain that processes vowel sounds have a start in developing (growing)... because vowels are relatively low frequency sounds, and babies can somewhat hear vowel sounds before they're born. However, when babies are born, they have a much more difficult time processing consonant sounds because their brains have not yet developed or devoted the "ram" needed to process those sounds... because: Up until then, babies hadn't heard those sounds, so the brain "waits" to develop those parts of the brain until the time the ears are likely to be subjected to those sounds. The human brain simply does not develop equally to process with equal capability all possible sounds; but rather, the brain devotes development to mostly those sounds that the listener is subjected to in early childhood, and basically doesn't develop or devote brain mass to process sounds the ears aren

• Members

Any attempt to objectify something that is inherently subjective = marketing bull{censored}.

"Leave your clothing and belongings here. Move quickly to the showers. Be sure to breathe deeply in the showers. Someone will be along shortly to collect you and your belongings."

I understand what it is that you're describing here, but I'm not so sure that it qualifies as marketing.

Archived