EVH isolated guitar track from Atomic Punk

Virgman

• Members

yeah he's friggin something else......

I've been on a vintage VH kick for a couple of months now.....revisiting them and digging up some of the less popular stuff I had forgotten about.

There are a ton of those isolated tracks out there.....I don't know where they came from but they are unbelievably cool.

Eddie gets all the hype for his "beat it" type shredding lead work, but the reality is his rhythm playing is what makes him so great. And the fact he combines rhythm and lead at the same time like hendrix did.

Plus he swings.....like REALLY swings....

I'll paraphrase a slash interview where he said in the 80's everyone was playing VH licks...it was ridiculous....but what almost all of them missed was this blues thing in his playing.

Basically the guy is amazingly musical with every skill he has....dynamics to no end, his harmonic tapping set the bench mark forever, and the most important thing of all....the HUGE hooks he wrote.

I won't say best ever.....such a thing does not exist in music.....but he's for sure one of my all time favorites and I never get tired of listening to him play. Truly someone who changed the face of guitar and music.

Listen to this swing...

[YOUTUBE]gdO7lyzUTxo[/YOUTUBE]

lol....the s...t he's doing on the outro is just friggin ridiculous....haha.....it's just so good..

• Members
yeah' date=' great playing and what a sound.nice stuff. how do people get hold of those tracks in the first place ,are they kind of released that way nowadays so that people can learn how to mix.[/quote']

They are somehow removing the other parts to isolate the part they want. Computer software.

Archived