Seismic Audio speakers. Any good or crap?

• Members

I find it funny that everyone steers clear of suggesting Peavey gear.
Personally, I'd look for an old used set of Peavey SP2's (15" Black Widow + a 22A/t/r -or whatever the diaphragm is - 1" exit horn). I'd take those over Yamaha Club series boxes any day of the week. I wouldn't try to pole mount them - I've seen it done - but I personally would not do it. One of my friends had a pair over a pair of 15" Peavey Scoops, and I have top tell you, for what he had - it was loud and clear.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Consume View Post
I find it funny that everyone steers clear of suggesting Peavey gear.
Personally, I'd look for an old used set of Peavey SP2's (15" Black Widow + a 22A/t/r -or whatever the diaphragm is - 1" exit horn). I'd take those over Yamaha Club series boxes any day of the week. I wouldn't try to pole mount them - I've seen it done - but I personally would not do it. One of my friends had a pair over a pair of 15" Peavey Scoops, and I have top tell you, for what he had - it was loud and clear.
I have used the SP-2s in different bands over the years and always pole mounted them. I owned some SP-5s for a while and for the money I think the SP series are a good buy.

• 6 years later...

Archived