QSC GX7 vs Crown XLS2500?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
At lease with Guitar center (if you went used) you would have a 1 year ext warranty for a minimal cost. 90 days.... ouch. May I ask what kinda price your getting on the refurb?
$400, give or take.

The seller is legit. ProAudioStar. They sell a ton of them refurbished on ebay and have a brick and mortar store in Brooklyn. Out of approx 85,000 ratings on ebay, they have a 99.5% positive. I've also emailed them a few questions and they replied literally within minutes. I have no worries about the seller, just about the 90 day warranty.

• Members
400 about the going rate on those at GC too. (for used) if you get the first 4 digits of the serial number that tells you the month and year manufactured just to get an idea how old they are too
Not worth buying it used at GC. I found one for $399......but....... they want to charge me $60 shipping, plus 7.5% tax, plus $40 for the 1 yr warranty. When all is said and done, it's roughly $520. I can get a brand new one for less than that if I'm patient and wait for a 20% coupon from MF or M123.

Basically my choices right now are a refurb QSC GX7 or a new Crown XLS2500, or wait for a 20% coupon and then I'd have a choice of either one brand new for roughly $475.

Although there's never any guarantee with those coupons so as it stands right now, if I were to buy today, it's either the refurb GX7 for $400 or the new Crown XLS2500 for $475.

• Members

I'm probably going to get shot at with internet rocket launchers and other weapons of mass destruction but I found this, only saying it cause I know you on low low budget, but seem to hear positive results from what I've read on forums (take it with a grain of salt)

ep 4000 275.00 free shipping
Expected to ship 2/25/13 ---?? something sounds fishy with this deal though
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ower-power-amp

but then I found this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...06-i1448739.gc

same price. free shipping.

New = less stress
Behringer = B word

• Members

Nobody has even compared the wattage of these two amps yet.

QSC GX7 Power Rating:
8? / both channels driven / 725W
8? / single channel driven / 800W
4? / both channels driven / 1,000W
4? / single channel driven / 1,200W

Crown XLS2500 Power Rating:
8? / both channels driven / 440W
8? / single channel driven / 1,550W
4? / both channels driven / 775W
4? / single channel driven / 2,400

I think either amp would be fine. It all depends on what you need power-wise.

• Members
I'm probably going to get shot at with internet rocket launchers and other weapons of mass destruction but I found this, only saying it cause I know you on low low budget, but seem to hear positive results from what I've read on forums (take it with a grain of salt)

ep 4000 275.00 free shipping
Expected to ship 2/25/13 ---?? something sounds fishy with this deal though
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ower-power-amp

but then I found this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...06-i1448739.gc

same price. free shipping.

New = less stress
Behringer = B word
I have nothing against Behringer. As a matter of fact, I like a lot of their products. Our current mixer is a Behringer and so far it has been excellent. The only problem with the amps you mentioned is weight. I really want something lightweight. I thought about the Behringer inuke line but after looking at the actual continuous power output vs their advertised output, they put out quite a bit less power than the marketing specs claim. The QSC and Crown are rated accurately so I'd rather go with those. Not to mention they have more input/output connector options and that's a big plus for what I need.

• Members

Sounds like your mind is made up! Of the two QSC would be my vote. I had XTI 4000 @ 1200 watts per channel "real" watts as you say and it sounded ok on some 4 ohm boxes. Once I swapped to a 500 watt per channel class h amp the speakers sound mucho better to my ears.

Sometimes I question these class D amps and their specs if they are real compared to other topologies (i.e., class H) after my experience, which isn't a lot of data to determine an accurate conclusion, nonetheless very interested to hear others opinions and facts on that subject.

• Members
Sounds like your mind is made up! Of the two QSC would be my vote. I had XTI 4000 @ 1200 watts per channel "real" watts as you say and it sounded ok on some 4 ohm boxes. Once I swapped to a 500 watt per channel class h amp the speakers sound mucho better to my ears.

Sometimes I question these class D amps and their specs if they are real compared to other topologies (i.e., class H) after my experience, which isn't a lot of data to determine an accurate conclusion, nonetheless very interested to hear others opinions and facts on that subject.
Virtually every big pro touring amp these days is class d, your experience is indeed very limited. Pro grade products are more substantial compared with mi grade products regardless of output class.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin

View Post

Sounds like your mind is made up! Of the two QSC would be my vote. I had XTI 4000 @ 1200 watts per channel "real" watts as you say and it sounded ok on some 4 ohm boxes. Once I swapped to a 500 watt per channel class h amp the speakers sound mucho better to my ears. Sometimes I question these class D amps and their specs if they are real compared to other topologies (i.e., class H) after my experience, which isn't a lot of data to determine an accurate conclusion, nonetheless very interested to hear others opinions and facts on that subject.

XTI4000 is NOT class D, only the XTI6000 in that family is. And from experience the 6000 kicks serious arse on subs .

Archived