What can drive 2 pairs of MRX518's 2 ohm stable

• Members

I respect your opinion, BUT why put it in the manual if it can't meet the exepctations of the customer?

Wouldn't be the first time a product didn't meet promises made by a manufacterer. I suggested a second 2450 as I owned about 4-5 of them at one time and thought they were pretty good amps, except for 2ohm sub loads in spite of what the manual states. With 4 ohm loads, never had a problem. And as stated, ohm load can deviate to where you could actually be under 2ohms. Give youself some room to spare.

• Members
Thank you Tomm I see your point now. Gosh another 40 lbs to haul around, I know now why I have 2 u rack space left, maybe it's a sign. heh

Yep I had two per case and they were no fun to haul around, went to PLX and IPR's instead. I believe it was Andy who I first recall making a statement about 2ohm sub loads being a little risky. I've stuck with that approach ever since................zero amp issues.

I thought the 2450 made a great main or monitor amp, wouldn't hesitate to use one on an install.

• Members

RR, when I saw your handle on this thread I thought you'd be recommending an iNuke he could buy with pocket change that is so light he could just blow on it in the general direction of the gig to send it there.

• Members
RR, when I saw your handle on this thread I thought you'd be recommending an iNuke he could buy with pocket change that is so light he could just blow on it in the general direction of the gig to send it there.
I have run my NU3000 pretty hard outdoors bridged into a 4 ohm load (a pair of Danley TH-Mini's) and had no problem with it. Four 4 ohm subs on it in dual mono would probably be just fine - but a pair of RMX2450's would be much less worrysome and offer redundancy if one ever went down - it's just a question of dealing with all that weight. A pair of Peavey IPR1600's would be fine too - a single IPR3000 would be theoretically OK too but running stuff at the limits isn't something most folks are comfortable with...

Archived