Cool NPD (X2 of course)

• Members

tl;dr, 2 great pedals that deserve a shot in your lineup

I've had a LOT of NPD's in the past several months, but haven't posted many of them, even though they're very good pedals. This one is kind of special though. I got them both in trades from that other forum. (I'd rather trade here, but there's no action) Anyway, pics after the narratives, and maybe clips to follow if I have time tomorrow.

NPD #1: I offed a Wampler Velvet for a Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase. It's a really really GREAT germanium fuzz face clone. It's made in the UK and flies under the radar so to speak. I was delighted when I first plugged it in. It has a ton of gain, but when you bump the guitar vol knob back a hair it's absolutely angelic. Not a huge fan of the graphic, but it's very fitting. It has that "vibe". Speaking of which, I need to try my Cool Cat Vibe with it tomorrow. It will get you Jimi tones obviously, but it can do a lot more with just two knobs and the guitar's volume. There's an internal bias trimmer, but I don't feel the need to mess with it.

NPD #2: I had a bunch of pedals in a trade thread and I got a bite. The guy had an IC Big Muff and Green Ringer clone that was DIY'ed from "somebody on the forum". He said it looked like a real good build inside. He wanted two of my istomps. I still have 3 istomps that I'm keeping so I figured I couldn't lose. So I received the ICBM/GR pedal, housed in a hunter-vest orange box with 3 knobs and 2 switches. It looked pretty neat, but when I plugged it in... it sounded crazy! Ring mod-ish on the GR side and gain cubed on the ICBM side. After a few minutes tweaking I realized that the gain knob was useful from 0 to 11. I was doing pumpkins, beatles, stones, neil young, tom petty, tool, ZZ top, ACDC, Bach, etc, etc.

Interesting note about NPD #2: I researched "DIY ICBM Green Ringer" or such and I got a few hits. This pedal popped up on the ILF site, and also here on HCFX. I was excited to learn that our very own Used666, AKA Aaron SS, of recent Arc Effects infamy was responsible for this build. The following link shows the builder in post 2423 and the buyer is in post 2427:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/1678993-/page162

_DSC1707_zpsdf0bb7f1.jpg

_DSC1710_zpsdbd2cc8b.jpg

_DSC1711_zps4229f21e.jpg

And here's some weird picture I found on the internet. I don't know what it is about this pedal, but the image just screams "Release me"

null_zpsb1206791.jpg

Archived