New EHX Organ Pedal

Phil I watched Paulo's video and his stuff seems pretty advanced if you are into that sort of thing.

Wold you mind if I start a thread to let him try to learn us about his stuff?

Not at all - you don't work there, so you starting a thread about their products is completely fine, and Paulo can feel free to participate in the discussion and answer your questions without fear of violating the site's spam rules. :)

If this makes a guitar sound like a Farfisa, I'm in.

They do seem to imply that with the musical examples they named, don't they? And with a name like "Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine", and a knob that's labeled "Organ Type", it certainly seems possible that it's one of the organs that they're going after emulating. I hope so, and I hope it sound great, because that would be very cool - and if there's no Leslie sim, that's okay - you can always run it into one.

Well I hope you posted one of the better ones in that price range! I never knew something like that existed, and I had a few (8.........teen) beers in me. My drunken curiosity made me hit the button without research. :facepalm:

IMO, you did well - they track well (although they're mono-only) and they're one of the least expensive guitar to MIDI converters out there. If you wanted something much more capable, IMHO, the one to get is the Fishman TriplePlay, which is far, far more capable - but also four times more expensive.

You can definitely use the Fishman to trigger a Roland synth via MIDI, but I don't know how you'd connect them directly, even though they both use hex pickups - the Roland is a wired system, while the Fishman is wireless, with a USB dongle / receiver that connects directly to your computer.

• Members

IMO, you did well - they track well (although they're mono-only) and they're one of the least expensive guitar to MIDI converters out there. If you wanted something much more capable, IMHO, the one to get is the Fishman TriplePlay, which is far, far more capable - but also four times more expensive.

Thanks for the input Phil. I don't really need anything more complex. I'll probably play with it for a few weeks and retire it to my drawer with my slide, capo and ebow. I pull those out from time to time, but only occasionally. I should get the G2M in the mail next week. Looking forward to it.

Archived