Finished My Compact Board

guitapick

• Members

I've been working on this for a while. I'm using a Leprechaun board.

Powered by a PP2+

The chain goes:

tc electronic integrated preamp (powered by two ports set away from Normal) (24w…lots of headroom)

tc electronic Polytune Mini

Humphrey modded (Atom Smasher) CS-3

XTS Preamp

Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo (powered by two ports set at Normal) (18w…makes a difference)

Empress Nebulus (powered by port 5 set away from Normal)

Neunaber WET

Strymon El Cap (powered by port 6 set to Normal)

I use the courtesy outlet in the back of the PP2+ for the wall wart of my Boomerang III. Run that power cable out through a hole in the side of the board so I can hook the Boomerang up there (you can see a portion of that cable sticking out of the right side of the top photo). I plug the guitar into the tc preamp through a hole in the side, as well.

Everything goes into the front of the amp.

I love this board. It's compact and it's powerful. The photo of the inside is from before I added the tuner. I had a Boss CE-2 at that time, too. Much as I love it, the Nebulus is a serious machine.

IMG_3137_zps16dc7abe.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

• Members

That works.

I prefer to have my back row elevated from the front row because I found it less troublesome

getting to those pedals and less chance of loosing your balance stepping over the front row.

I do like the aluminum frame on yours though. The corners look factory made in the pic.

• Members

Thanks, guys.

Phil: Thanks. Yeah, I did the setup, wiring, etc, on me own. I love projects like this. One area where my mini-OCD helps, lol...

homestar_kevin: Ryan seems to be only working the pedal locks on his home site, lately (http://www.leprechaunpedalboards.com). Not sure what that's about. You can email him to ask. He's got a FB page, too.

WRGKMC: No problem with hitting other pedals. I've got 'em spaced well and the angle's right. I understand what you're saying re the balance issue, though. I was used to a flat board with raised back, too. But I was able to get used to the change after about a week of practice. Not a problem, now, though I'd never put a volume or wah pedal on there.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived