V.O.M.! Post recordings to share here all weekend!

Michael Martin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks PAS! That's my Moon with the K&K Twin. My F-style needs strings.

Love that song! Soulful singing and solo, dude. We should do a whole thread of Dead songs. Call it "Bring Out Your Dead" or something. ;-)

• Members

jamesp,

Thanks for the compliment on what passes for my singing :)

Had never heard of Moon so I looked em up. UK so no wonder. Looks like he makes a nice flattop mando.

It sure sounds sweet and you have my admiration for taking on the material you're doing.

"Bring out Your Dead" :)

I'm in but

"I'm not quite dead yet "

• Members

Not having a clue how this new board accepts.. here is the link, or perhaps the video itself. Did it yesterday in one take, so it apparently would qualify. A swingy version of Sentimental Journey. And my lucky ironing board is in view as well. It's played on a taropatch 8 string concert scale uke, I know how you guys love ukes.

DTM-SXc8_886g

• Members

I am remiss and a dick (no surprise there..) for allowing my nervousness in deciding to DO a video, much less post one, in mentioning that after listening to some of you I am reminded that- A. I miss my Gibson A-Jr, and B. Acoustic guitars are wonderful. C. Singing makes everyone happy.

I'm spayed...

• Members

Good'n, Neal. Now I'm convinced I can never get these dragline mitts onto that fretboard so I'll just listen. Lately I've been feeling crowded on a 1-7/8 classical board. So, you thinking of getting back to acoustic guitar or ...?

• Members

Playing classical guitar these days. Not a big switch. The uke has an okay sound when I'm in the mood for it. Same with the classical guitar. Both have that small presence that initially seems lacking a whole bunch of sonic charm.

• Members

I just got this GoPro camera for use when I'm flying, but I thought I'd try it out on a song because I'm not flying today. The audio isn't very good using the internal GoPro mic, but picture looks good and it should work well in the airplane. There's a flub in the middle of the song. Ignore it. The guitar is my OM-35.

(1080p available)

Figured I'd post it here too. As long as the VOM seems to be ongoing now...why not...?

Archived