Ugly ugly Framus...

Beastly

• Members

yeah, i love the sound of this amp (cobra), but i cant look at the thing without a lil cringe. Its not going anywhere mind you, like i said, i love the sound and that's all that matters.

But i have some ideas :idea:
First....it would look pretty slick IMO if the charcoal on silver faceplate was silver on charcoal :love: (reverse print)
Second...those red lights...ugh....im thinkin...electric blue...yeah
Third....It would possibly be the nicest looking rack amp i could think of....is it even possible to convert a head into a rackmount?

damn that'd be purty :cool:

just thinkin out loud.....or whatever, i havent technically made a sound, but you know what i mean...

Anybody think about modding their uggo cobra...if i change the lights do i change the tone hahaha (thinkin about that divinity thread where a disengaged pot made the amp sound better...it would be funny if bypassing or changing the lights affected tone)

anyway.....back to work i guess :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by juby

yeah, i love the sound of this amp (cobra), but i cant look at the thing without a lil cringe. Its not going anywhere mind you, like i said, i love the sound and that's all that matters.

But i have some ideas
:idea:
First....it would look pretty slick IMO if the charcoal on silver faceplate was silver on charcoal
:love:
(reverse print)

Second...those red lights...ugh....im thinkin...electric blue...yeah

Third....It would possibly be the nicest looking rack amp i could think of....is it even possible to convert a head into a rackmount?

damn that'd be purty
:cool:

just thinkin out loud.....or whatever, i havent technically made a sound, but you know what i mean...

Anybody think about modding their uggo cobra...if i change the lights do i change the tone hahaha (thinkin about that divinity thread where a disengaged pot made the amp sound better...it would be funny if bypassing or changing the lights affected tone)

anyway.....back to work i guess
:rolleyes:

i'm with you.

• Members

Originally posted by flaming turd

i'm with you.

Hey is that a Royal Blue Custom 22? Nice top! Do you have more pics? I'd love to see them as I'm having major PRS gas at the moment.

On topic; yeah, I think the Cobra looks average at best, the lights are the lamest part for me.

• Members

It would look better if that cheezy 70s style interlocking lattice grill were separated from the control panel somehow.

It's the depth of thecontrol panel in teh head that makes amps like JCM800s and 5150s and stuff look cool.

Engl's get away with it because their control panels are noticeably distinct from the grille.

Except for the FIreball/Powerball, in which case they just got lucky because the grill doesnt really have much in common with the control panel except for the fact taht they're on the same plane.

But you just have this weird wall of matte gray on the Cobra, and then that interlocking lattice thing ALMOST looks cool... but not quite.

Archived