PRX700 series released today!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A.M.Productions wrote:

the prx718 has been out for months

Huh?

There was a PRX-718 that lasted only about 4 or 5 months before being discontiunued maybe 3 years ago. It was replaced by the PRX-618XLF and the rest of the 600 series. There was nothing else released under the PRX-700 series.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hi,

I'm also interested in the JBL PRX 715 XLF. Indeed, from the specification it is not clear if the woofer is  neo but I think that it couldn't have weighed only 56 lbs if it weren't neo, right ?

The new JBL 2275H is the woofer used in 715XLF.

And the JBL 2265HPL (from the SRX series) is neodimium and it looks like this:

JBL 2265HPL.jpg

Anyway, is there anyone who has actually seen the products from the PRX 700 Series in a real store, or has anyone had the chance to hear them out? Are the temperature issues solved ?

• Members

There never were temperature issues, other than the wild ass guesses that some forums seem to support. 

It's surprising to me that those who have never designed an amp, a class D amp with SMPS at that, are such experts in assigning specific faults when they are clearly not educated enough to do so. I have designed many amps in my career, including some class D, and I wouldn't be so bold as to assign a cause... especially as many thousands of these amps have been running without any problem at all. 

• Members

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Live-Sound-Production/Powered-Subs-JBL-PRX-XLF-versus-DLM-12/m-p/35831981#U35831981

Here's the thread of a guy who bought a pair of the 715s. He apparantly loves them, but note that he's never compared them to anything - not even his XLFs before they were sold. He just bought them blind and started using them.

• Members

Maybe this question arises from my lack of experience with subs, but why wouldn't JBL put a selectable crossover frequency on these subs? It would be fairly easy to implement a selectable crossover frequency using the DSP. It seems like if you were using the 710 as opposed to the 712 in conjunction with a 715XLF that you would want to allow the 15" sub to take more of the low end frequencies than ~100Hz and below.

Archived