Behringer purchases Turbosound

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was working at turbosound and recently just left. as everyone is in limbo about their job. The lease runs out end of march and since music group brought turbosound everything is being sent out to china so he can copy and make them cheaper and still sell systems at the same price with a turbosound logo on it.

• Members

In Russia the word "Beringer" sounds low quality ....... The Chinese sent to the United States a  high quality to Europe of acceptable quality, and in Russia unusable ..... I was surprised when I read that in the United States who -that uses Beringer ..... In Russia Beringer buy only those who have very limited budget .....

• Members

exturbo wrote:

I was working at turbosound and recently just left. as everyone is in limbo about their job. The lease runs out end of march and since music group brought turbosound everything is being sent out to china so he can copy and make them cheaper and still sell systems at the same price with a turbosound logo on it.

Due to my background, I have an overdeveloped sense of country loyalty compared to most.  I disdain the act of outsourcing US jobs to China; however, the fault doesn't lie with the corporations, it lies with the law.

If you pass laws that make it more profitable for companies to ship jobs out of the country, then that is exactly what they will do.  If you are a company in competition with others who can make the same product at a lower cost, you can't survive with that disadvantage.

There isn't a company on the face of the planet that doesn't have to worry about cost when they design a product (although some branches of the government don't).  Consumer demand is always getting more product for less money.  This is true at any price point.

exturbo, there is a bad guy here, but I don't think it is Behringer.

• Members

Hi,

My name is Andrew Pardoe and I am senior manager, acoustics at TURBOSOUND. I have 18 years of engineering experience and have worked at several world renown audio brands including Turbosound several years back. I re-joined the Company recently as there is a huge initiative in hiring engineers. I am currently based in China together with a team of UK engineers.

While I respect the view of the poster who has chosen to post anonymously, I like to share a different and personal view.

When MUSIC Group acquired MIDAS three years ago, they invested 4 million (US) dollars  in a large R&D building in Manchester and completely redesigned the place. This is now a high-tech research center. Also, within the last 3 years since the Company purchased MIDAS, they increased the number of engineers from the original 8 to 60 currently. If you ever have a chance, drop by as it has become an impressive place and the guys are working on incredible stuff. MUSIC Group also invested over US$ 20 million in the most modern manufacturing equipment such as high-speed SMT machines, automated optical inspection, and x-ray equipment, etc.

The same is now happening with TURBOSOUND and strong investments are already flowing into the brand. We are soon opening an acoustic research center in Manchester so the MIDAS DSP engineers can work hand in hand with the acoustic engineers. Since the acquisition, the Company has acquired a license for patented multi-beam steerable line array technology because products of this kind are on the roadmap.

We are currently building a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in China on 3 million square feet, which will also house a large acoustic research center with anechoic chambers, Klippel systems, and a fully automated driver assembly facility etc.

With every transition, there are changes and restructurings, but this happens in every industry and companies have to do this to remain competitive.

I can honestly say, I enjoy working here and being part of the next big thing. 

• Members

lonotes wrote:

+1 The Behringer Superstore coming to a outlet mall near you.

B*Mart?

Now THATS FUNNY!!! Thanx!

It seems more a matter of opportunity to me. I'm sure Uli knows of his rep for making bad equipment and with the continuing poor economy (and the Euro currently doing quite well), he's upgrading his different product lines one at a time. They might someday become a respectable company. I'll be really sad when they buy Shure though. Just think of all of those Chinese 58's becoming legit ;-)

Reminds me of a small scale Rockefeller. One of the most ruthless onerous robber barons ever (talk about giving lessons to  Prince machiavelli :-) who is now honered as a great man for building (don't forget CONTROLING) an industrial empire. We're still dealing with the problems (as well as reaping the benefits) of a petrolium based economy. Sorry soapbox gone - back on topic! We were talking about the purchase of Turbosound. Good for Uli!

• Members

I partially agree, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst moving jobs out of the country rates a 10 and having a foreign company come here rates a 9 IMO.

whats the best solution? take my above example of the mississippi car factories.  what if the mississippi legislature had instead chose to spend $750 million on building a taxpayer/state owned and run car factory? then mississippians would be the owners & profiteers with ALL the money staying within mississippi & benifitting everyone.  we need to try this approach & get away with the belief that our economic salvation rests in groveling before foreign corporate executives and begging/bribing them to come here.

• CMS Author

For true success, ensure that engineering, marketing, and production each have a minimum separation of 5 time zones between each location. Schedule conference calls to coincide with lunch, end of business day, or dead-of-night in a location. If you've planned well, the time zones will perfectly align so that one office is on lunch, the other is approaching end-of-day, and the last is in dead-of-night. During these meetings stress that the corporation values employees (not necessarily the ones they're paying) and strives to help all achieve a satisfactory work life balance. Don't let on that the optimum balance is 95:5.

Archived