2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Limited Color)

Sn8ke

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No doubt. Notice how the GC ones have black marker on the back of the headstock. This version has none (as I'm sure that other Blue/Chrome one didn't either). Your old store must have been in good standing with Gibson to get both...

• Members

The purple Fender Satin MIM FULLY SHIELDED Alder Strat body sitting neck to it just became available for sale as well!! It has a few marks so I'll let it go for $125 shipped to the Con US. Any takers on the Strat body?

• Members

I paid $1495 in 2005 for it

You got ripped off, or you're fibbing. If you got ripped off, I'm sorry. If you're fibbing, shame on you.

GC in Akron, Oh. had 2 of these, as well as the red with brushed aluminum, and they were $999. I know, because I almost bought one - the same guitar you're selling for *gasp*, $1300. And, the pick-ups were 490R/498T.

Gibson also did these in the SG Special.

You'll be lucky to get $750-$800 on Ebay, and less on HC. Sorry, but it's a reality.

• Members

ouch, can anyone show me proof of this claim??

I've only seen one other one in my life, also priced at $1495...

How do I know you are not fibbing to low ball me?

I'm not interested, so why would I make up stories? I merely looked because I thought it might have been a different limited addition model, (they produced a run of yellow, red, blue, and I think green), with no fret markers, and ebony boards with all-black back and sides.

Ebay it. You'll get your proof.

• Members

Out of curiosity, I did a search for it.

There's a one that went no bids for $739:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-STUDIO-USA-Painted-Blue-Black_W0QQitemZ230209287337QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and relisted for the same:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-STUDIO-USA-Painted-Blue-Black_W0QQitemZ330203190535QQihZ014QQcategoryZ33040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And there's a Gbase entry for one of these for $1000

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1670853

It's not conclusive, but it does, sadly, seem lower than what you're asking.

• Members

Whoa, that first link is not EVEN CLOSE to being the same model!!! Makes me wonder if the other guy's is the same too. The second link for $1000 is the same. I will match that price. $999 shipped is my new asking price for mine. Thanks again!!

Hold on people, don't be feeding me COLOR association prices here!!

Out of curiosity, I did a search for it.

There's a one that went no bids for $739:

and relisted for the same:

And there's a Gbase entry for one of these for $1000

It's not conclusive, but it does, sadly, seem lower than what you're asking.

Archived