2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Limited Color)

Sn8ke

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whatever dude, I'm extremely cool to deal with. I really truly am, why don't you leave it up to somebody to make me an offer so I can discuss in detail with THAT person the condition of this guitar and talk final price.

A guitar never sells for the asking price used. I don't know why you gotta come in here and give me so much {censored} when I'm just tryin to sell a guitar man. Seriously, go bug somebody with a Epiphone or somethin.

• Members

I'm not ripping on ya man, but yours is pretty banged up. Nobody buys a studio for the collector value, and I walked out the door of GC with a brand new one in a case for just a hair over $900. I'm seeing nice used studio's going for $600-$700 all day.

• Members
Whatever dude, I'm extremely cool to deal with. I really truly am, why don't you leave it up to somebody to make me an offer so I can discuss in detail with THAT person the condition of this guitar and talk final price.

A guitar never sells for the asking price used. I don't know why you gotta come in here and give me so much {censored} when I'm just tryin to sell a guitar man. Seriously, go bug somebody with a Epiphone or somethin.

Welcome to HC.
:p

• Members

Here's the thing....thats a really nice guitar, but you did not really pay list price at guitar center did you? how about we start over...theres nothing wrong with wanting too much for your guitar, after all it is your guitar...but the people on HC can smell bull{censored} a mile away, and when they pounce, youre {censored}ed...it's not about being low balled, it's about being called out

• Members
Whoa, that first link is not EVEN CLOSE to being the same model!!! Makes me wonder if the other guy's is the same too. The second link for $1000 is the same. I will match that price. $999 shipped is my new asking price for mine. Thanks again!!

Hold on people, don't be feeding me COLOR association prices here!!

Not to mention that the first link has a repaired neck break... :rolleyes:

I do think you were a little high on the asking price, but most of this should have been done in PMs

Anyway, this is a nice color combination- good luck!

• Members

Whoa, that first link is not EVEN CLOSE to being the same model!!! Makes me wonder if the other guy's is the same too. The second link for $1000 is the same. I will match that price. $999 shipped is my new asking price for mine. Thanks again!!

Hold on people, don't be feeding me COLOR association prices here!!

Yeah, I screwed that up, sorry. But the gbase seller is a legitimate dealer. However, you're not a dealer, you're a private owner.

• Members

Well I would sell mine for $900 firm shipped to the Con Us including the HSC. It might not be worth that according to you guys but it's worth much more than that to me. I wouldn't even consider selling it for less, I may as well keep it at that point.

• Members

It's such a shame that not even a limited run Gibson can hold it's own value. Why even buy a Gibson if it doesn't hold it's value? Isn't that why people buy something that says Gibson on it instead of Agile or Xaviere? Lesson learned.

• Members

Honestly, I think it has more to do with the economy and the time of year than anything else. Anybody involved in the housing market is getting nailed to the wall right now, for example.

Worse, guitar prices are INSANE right now. Used Fender Mustangs are going for almost-new prices on eBay while other guitars are getting devalued like crazy. I got my Fernandes Ravelle Elite off eBay for 320 measly dollars, I kid you not. This is a guitar that's new for 1000 and went used on eBay for 650 for the longest time.

Just right here on HCEG, there seem to be fewer sell ads and even less interest. Not sure why. Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's the post-Christmas blues, maybe it's because of a string of scammers we got. Who knows?

I'm willing to bet that if you hold on to your guitar (assuming you don't desperately need the money) you'd be able to get closer to your asking price around summer, maybe even spring.

• Members

Ebay had a few in the last 2 weeks, one had an f'd neck with a repair and it sold for $500, another blue one identical to this one sold for $875 and then a black one for $800

Guitar center and musicians friend are owned by the same company, they had these guitars in the musicians friend catalog for $979 then sam ash had some and they were blowing them out for $899 seems like sam ash no longer sells new gibson, now they sell this pre-certified crap, just like cars, what's next pre-certified toilets, LOL

• Members

It's such a shame that not even a limited run Gibson can hold it's own value. Why even buy a Gibson if it doesn't hold it's value? Isn't that why people buy something that says Gibson on it instead of Agile or Xaviere? Lesson learned.

It's not that it doesn't hold it's value, it's the fact that you got ripped off when you bought it!!

You could get $750 for it, if it's a somewhat good guitar, cosmetically. If you paid the $900-ish that you SHOULD HAVE paid, you'd only be losing a couple hundred at the most. That's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

Gibsons hold value pretty well. Look at Les Paul Classic & Standards.

LP Standards in mint condition, as old as 10 years or better, are getting $1500 - $1700.

• Members

Honestly I'm looking to start my guitar finishing business so I'm only selling this to buy my supplies. I'm one of the few new school guys interested in color finishes that are safe (and/or safer) for the environment (unlike nitro) as well as good for our guitars. I've done my research, done some practice and it's time to start practicing with the real deal materials/supplies.

It sucks to have to sell my favorite guitar the way it is, but this {censored} is expensive!!

• Members

Honestly, I think it has more to do with the economy and the time of year than anything else. Anybody involved in the housing market is getting nailed to the wall right now, for example.

Worse, guitar prices are INSANE right now. Used Fender Mustangs are going for almost-new prices on eBay while other guitars are getting devalued like crazy. I got my Fernandes Ravelle Elite off eBay for 320 measly dollars, I kid you not. This is a guitar that's new for 1000 and went used on eBay for 650 for the longest time.

Just right here on HCEG, there seem to be fewer sell ads and even less interest. Not sure why. Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's the post-Christmas blues, maybe it's because of a string of scammers we got. Who knows?

I'm willing to bet that if you hold on to your guitar (assuming you don't desperately need the money) you'd be able to get closer to your asking price around summer, maybe even spring.

yeah...tax money starts comming in...still, 800 would be a good buy on it, its a really pretty guitar

• Members

If someone offered you $815 plus shipping, that would probably equate to $850 shipped, don't you think?

If some moron wants to give you $815 for the guitar, and pay shipping, TAKE IT! You're doing pretty well on a 4 year old guitar, dinged up, that you should have paid $900 for new. Just because you SAY you paid $1400 plus, doesn't mean it's worth more. You're either full of {censored}, or stupid.

I'm beginning to think a little of both..:rolleyes:

Oh, I see you're down to $800 shipped? What happened to the OFFER of $815?
You can't seem to keep your stories straight.

• Members

Your insults are really uncalled for. Can't you get baned for a minute for insulting other members?

I tried to take the $815 but the kid couldn't come up with the money.

DC Music USA in Blaine, MN. $1469 in 2005 brand new. They are not a major chain, locally owned and operated and I'm proud to support someone who is not big business. Thanks for calling me a moron and stupid though, you are obviously EXTREMELY classy and mature.

GC sold the ones with the black trim for $999. This one is limited. GC should not have had any. They got one, they sold it for $999, big deal. You should have bought one then if you wanted one instead of insulting me on my classified thread.

Can a moderator ban doomsday from posting in my thread please?

Now, will someone looking for an authentic LP Studio, 59 roundback neck with some of the heaviest, richest honduran mahogany sporting GODLY sustain please put me out of my misery and let me get my business started by making me lose $600 on this guitar at $800?

It's nice, it's gonna get used anyway so big deal if it's "banged up" You would pay $400,000 for this same guitar in even WORSE condition if it was 2054

• Members

DC Music USA in Blaine, MN. $1469 in 2005 brand new. They are not a major chain, locally owned and operated and I'm proud to support someone who is not big business.

If you paid $500-$600 too much, you're a moron. Sorry.

Most of us don't have money to burn, like you do. We do our homework, and/or shop.

And GC carried Blue, as well as red. I looked at, and played them both. As a matter of fact, I think my buddy there said he could do $899, at the time.

Look. You {censored}ed up. Ebay it, and be done with it. Maybe you'll get $1000, and you can tell me to {censored} off.

Archived