BAN 1972GUITARS FROM THIS FORUM

ibenhad

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are hundreds of epi fakes on Ebay uk, all listed as coming from china.
total scammers, I would say 80 percent of new epi's sold are fake, and thats backed up by genuine dealers, who I have actually seen list the fakers in their own listings to stop people being scammed

If you have a picture of a guitar when your selling, it should be the guitar you sell, unless you state otherwise.

• Members

Dogbone and Dr Scootie you are both wrong and missed my point of course. I wanted him removed because in 2 months when some kid on here jumps all over his posts of fake crap and is the first to PM him and get the Paypal sent for said junk. Who is going to warn him? Sure he can just get another user ID and you me and the other regulars here will remember him but why should we have to? Just get rid of the guy. You can't polish a turd right? So what do you do, FLUSH IT......:poke:

• Members

Dogbone and Dr Scootie you are both wrong and missed my point of course. I wanted him removed because in 2 months when some kid on here jumps all over his posts of fake crap and is the first to PM him and get the Paypal sent for said junk.

But Ibenhad.... if 1972Guitars isn't here to scam people with fake China junk, then it will just be someone else. Scammers now know that the guitar community as a whole is very cautious about buying Gibson Les Paul's on **too good to be true deals** because A) Most people who can afford a Gibson know what to look for in real versus a pile of Chinese {censored}. B) Usually those who will shell out $2,000 for a Gibson are older, more sophisticated and likely have the balls and money to pursue criminal action if they are F'ed over.

So now...the scammers have switched over to Epiphone's. Usually bought by a younger, newer player. Someone who maybe doesn't have a clue what logos are proper, what the tuners should look like, what the wiring should be...etc...etc... plus, with the Epiphone scam, the losers can feel better about themselves by rationalizing that they only F'ed someone out of $500 instead of $2,000..... but this means they have to do more volume. Who here do we know that does alot a volume??

And 1972Guitars can spare us all the "Duh, who in the F'ing world would fake a Epiphone???, I ain't never ever heard da such a thing."

I see what your trying to do Ibenhad..... you are saying 1972Guitars is a scammer, and he should be removed before some kid gets F'ed out of his 6 months savings account on a guitar he saved up for that turns out to be fake. Here's what I am saying: Do you have any clue how many times I have been F'ed on this website?? You guys all know of about 3 incidents..... I have experienced about 10.

So why would I keep coming back?? Guess what kids.... most of the whole world is lying to you. The dream of "most people are wholesome with honest intentions" is just that... a dream. The reality is that everyone has a motive. That motive is usually not in your best interest. So you either curl up in a ball and stay in your house, or you face the world head on searching through everyones lies and deceit to stack as many chips on your own pile as you can. You will be much better off if you do as I do......just assume that everyone you deal with is a bull{censored}ting liar, and if they turn out to be fairly legit, then consider yourself lucky and pleasently surprised.

Getting rid of 1972Guitars will not change the fact that this forum is full of liars, and bull{censored}ters. That's like saying that if we would have locked up O.J. Simpson, then we'd stop all murders in L.A.....Nope, if OJ wasn't out pulling a double homicide that night, then someone else would have been on other victims.... and probably were.

• Members

Scottie's right. You can only defend yourself.

Scammers pretty much dig their own holes (like 1972 in this thread and his last threads) and if you can't do the research yourself then you're simply not a smart buyer. It's like those hilarious "I'm DONE with eBay!@#!" threads that pop up every now and then. They always contain tales of how the thread poster's lack of knowledge of how eBay and paypal works ended up with them losing out.

On the other hand, I DO reserve the right to call out scammer threads all I want. Because, c'mon, this thread is HILARIOUS.

• Members

But Ibenhad.... if 1972Guitars isn't here to scam people with fake China junk, then it will just be someone else. Scammers now know that the guitar community as a whole is very cautious about buying Gibson Les Paul's on **too good to be true deals** because A) Most people who can afford a Gibson know what to look for in real versus a pile of Chinese {censored}. B) Usually those who will shell out $2,000 for a Gibson are older, more sophisticated and likely have the balls and money to pursue criminal action if they are F'ed over.

So now...the scammers have switched over to Epiphone's. Usually bought by a younger, newer player. Someone who maybe doesn't have a clue what logos are proper, what the tuners should look like, what the wiring should be...etc...etc... plus, with the Epiphone scam, the losers can feel better about themselves by rationalizing that they only F'ed someone out of $500 instead of $2,000..... but this means they have to do more volume. Who here do we know that does alot a volume??

And 1972Guitars can spare us all the "Duh, who in the F'ing world would fake a Epiphone???, I ain't never ever heard da such a thing."

I see what your trying to do Ibenhad..... you are saying 1972Guitars is a scammer, and he should be removed before some kid gets F'ed out of his 6 months savings account on a guitar he saved up for that turns out to be fake. Here's what I am saying: Do you have any clue how many times I have been F'ed on this website?? You guys all know of about 3 incidents..... I have experienced about 10.

So why would I keep coming back?? Guess what kids.... most of the whole world is lying to you. The dream of "most people are wholesome with honest intentions" is just that... a dream. The reality is that everyone has a motive. That motive is usually not in your best interest. So you either curl up in a ball and stay in your house, or you face the world head on searching through everyones lies and deceit to stack as many chips on your own pile as you can. You will be much better off if you do as I do......just assume that everyone you deal with is a bull{censored}ting liar, and if they turn out to be fairly legit, then consider yourself lucky and pleasently surprised.

Getting rid of 1972Guitars will not change the fact that this forum is full of liars, and bull{censored}ters. That's like saying that if we would have locked up O.J. Simpson, then we'd stop all murders in L.A.....Nope, if OJ wasn't out pulling a double homicide that night, then someone else would have been on other victims.... and probably were.

By this reasoning, if you can't lock up EVERY murderer, you shouldn't bother locking up one. If you can't ban ALL scammers, it won't help to bother one.

I disagree.

• Members

Ok true.... I'm not saying kill at will, and avoid prison..... what I am saying is that IMHO, this seller we are talking about came to this forum with guns a blazing, and all the tell tale signs were there of a scammer.

Anyone who didn't pick up on that.... well, I am not going to be malicious and say they deserved to be scammed..... but I reason that if they weren't intelligent enough to piece this scam together, then if it wasn't this guy who scammed them, it would just be someone else.

I mean here's the facts: Said seller comes on here, listing 10 guitars for sale every 3 days. The guitar in 95% of the postings are/were either guitars (les paul shaped) that he came right out and said were fake China junk, or Epiphone Les Paul Customs, new in the box for approx $250.00 less than the best price you can buy on the whole internet...... it doesn't take Columbo to solve the rest of this one.

So, to me....any one who can't see through this one...well???

For the record, I shouldn't have, and mistakenly compared guitar fraud to a murder, and that was a bad comparison. While guitar fraud is no fun for the person on the losing end, it was dumb of me to use an analogy comparing that to someone losing their life.

• Members
I never gave him a serial # and I used the wrong picture of the back of the headstock. He never said to me anything about the guitar being a copy, I really do not believe it was. I havent ever seen or heard of a Epiphone copy? Why would anybody try to make a Epi copy? The only thing he mentioned was he didnt like the wiring, Crazy thing was the guitar sounded better than any epi I ever owned, who gives a crud what the wiring looks like as long as it sounds good and functions good. and I didnt send him the plastic pickup film that epiphones come with and a cardboard epiphone box, I offered to ship both to him. I didnt think those things were important.

Dude,

Assholes and excuses.... You sure dont run out of them do you???
:rolleyes::confused:

• Members

If you check my refrences I have never scammed anybody on these forums. I have sold alot of high dollar gear, with many happy customers here on HC, If I was ripping people off it would have been all over these forums. I dont know how the epiphone I sold was a fake being it came from a reputable online dealer?? Im not here to please the naysayers, and all of the negative bull{censored}. I have sold a ton of gear probably more than most on these forums I am a power seller on fleabay, All of this bull{censored} started because I tried to sale Gibson copies, that are not legal to sale, something I soon found out, been there done that oh I {censored}ed up, time to move on. I think most of the people that post all of this negative bull{censored} are a bunch of imature little man syndrome, testosterone bull{censored}ers, that throw words around online because in real life they cant back there talk up. This is my last post on this forum topic, it just isnt worth my time. So if you want to feel like a man let the bull{censored} roll, is that what this is about?? I am a respected person and I respect others the way I would want to be respected and treated and I cannot believe the imature bull{censored} on this site, are there any adults on this forum? Does it make you feel good to knock others in the dirt and judge others that you dont even know? Maybe you should take a look inside and make sure your all not trying to hide and cover up your own insecurities, and faults. I could understand people giving me {censored} if I {censored}ed over 1 person, show me that 1 person or back off.

• Members

I think most of the people that post all of this negative bull{censored} are a bunch of imature little man syndrome, testosterone bull{censored}ers, that throw words around online because in real life they cant back there talk up. This is my last post on this forum topic, it just isnt worth my time. So if you want to feel like a man let the bull{censored} roll, is that what this is about??Maybe you should take a look inside and make sure your all not trying to hide and cover up your own insecurities, and faults.

good move...everything's all better ,resume selling guitars at once,in fact i want a half dozen of those high quality "gorilla" les paul knock off's........keep {censored}ting on the people your trying to sell to bud,that's how your gonna win em' all back:thu:

• Members

You cant sale Gorilla guitars? It doesnt say Gibson? I know Esp and many other companies sale exact copies of Gibson?? If I shouldnt sale them then I wont, I just dont know how Edwards and Tokai, and other companies are allowed to do it??

• Members

You cant sale Gorilla guitars? It doesnt say Gibson? I know Esp and many other companies sale exact copies of Gibson?? If I shouldnt sale them then I wont, I just dont know how Edwards and Tokai, and other companies are allowed to do it??

Those exact copies are not sold in the USA direct from those companies.At least not in a store front, wink, wink. They are outlawed here. The ones you see are private sellers selling them, who bought them outside the USA.

• Members

I give up, this guy is just plain ignorant or acts it real well. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. Karma man it all comes back. Good luck to him. I don't wanna see 1 whiny bitch complaining that this guy ripped them off because if you buy from this guy you already (well maybe you don't) know what your getting....

Do some research man Tokai, Ibanez and any of those foreign made guitar manufactures who got sued had to make subtle changes to the guitars the were copying in order to continue selling them. Take some measurements and see for yourself they aint the same. From the Strats to the Les Pauls. Stupid is as stupid does...

• Members

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! WHy ban him. I have bought two fakes off of him this past week. They seem to be well on their way to my home and were shipped, etc. according to what he stated.

This forum is for selling guitars. If sellers are honest upfront and complete transactions as stated, what's the problem?

whats_your_problem_smaller.jpg

• Members

MAN, What the hell is wrong with you F'in people? So the man is selling fakes as FAKES. Hes not selling fakes as real deals. You dont like fakes dont F'in buy one. I personally would buy one becasue I cant afford $3000 on a LP and would like to own one someday. Fake or not.
If I had any money right now I would buy a fake from 1972Gutiar with confidence!
I'm sorry I got sucked into this thread and it sucks that these D'Bags are calling out someone who has a Good reputaion for being a good trader and being more than fair to his customers

• Members

MAN, What the hell is wrong with you F'in people? So the man is selling fakes as FAKES. Hes not selling fakes as real deals. You dont like fakes dont F'in buy one. I personally would buy one becasue I cant afford $3000 on a LP and would like to own one someday. Fake or not.

If I had any money right now I would buy a fake from 1972Gutiar with confidence!

I'm sorry I got sucked into this thread and it sucks that these D'Bags are calling out someone who has a Good reputaion as being a scammer.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

• Members

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! WHy ban him. I have bought two fakes off of him this past week. They seem to be well on their way to my home and were shipped, etc. according to what he stated.

This forum is for selling guitars. If sellers are honest upfront and complete transactions as stated, what's the problem?

whats_your_problem_smaller.jpg

{censored}ING NOOBS! THE PROBLEM IS THAT EVENTUALLY THESE GUITARS ARE GOING TO GET OUT INTO THE MASS MARKET AND BE SOLD AS GENUINE GIBSONS TO UNKNOWING PEOPLE.......DON'T YOU SEE THE ISSUE AT HAND?IT ISN'T THAT HES SELLING FAKES, ITS THAT THEY ARE {censored}ING FAKE!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH YOUR 2?POST EM ON CRAIGSLIST AND SELL EM FOR A $1000 TO SOME KID WHO WANTS A GIBSON?WELL IF YOU DON'T GUESS WHAT YOUR A MINORITY BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ALL THE OTHER ONES THAT MAKE THEIR WAY INTO THE MARKET.OWNING AN INSTRUMENT LIKE A GIBSON LES PAUL SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING MORE THAN:"THERE'S A GOOD POSSIBILITY ITS FAKE." YOU GET IT?ANYTHING GETTING THROUGH?

:mad:

• Members

The issue if I remember correctly was they weren't sold as fakes at first. (I may be wrong about that part)Thats why he got in hot water, then he kept getting dogged for trying to sell them as fakes. He later found out that even selling fakes was wrong. All in all, he seems to fix it, but at an ass drag pace.

The reason this thread popped up was because he sold what seems to be a fake Epi to a guy here, but he also returned the guys money, and got his Epi back. The main reason he is being dogged, is because it all comes across as shady.

All in all, he makes it right in the end.

Oh, and its against the law to sell a Fake Guitar. Now if he wants to ad his own logo on that head stock and mavbe reshape it just a bit, he is good to go! Wanna make some cash, then do that! I thing that would even be cooler!

• Members

Okay, I've been sitting back and following this thread closely. I have examined all of the facts and accusations as presented by everyone who has posted and, after careful consideration, I have come to the following conclusion: Dr. Scottie C's avatars are awsome!!! That is the only reason I have stayed with this thread this long anyway.....

Archived