BAN 1972GUITARS FROM THIS FORUM

ibenhad

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Metaphorically, dogbone, I bet you are one smooth poker playing cat!

Sitting there with that ace the whole time. Meanwhile, letting this jerk play out his losing hand, knowing full-well what he was holding.

Excellent play muchacho

• Members

you people are idiots. almost all of you. why would you spend time trying to get someone banned. get a {censored}ing life. if you think someone is a sheister, don't do business with them. dr. scottie is right. the rest of you are acting like little kids who got embarrassed and are trying to get back at someone. you anal retentive assholes are the ones ruining this place for people, not the scammers. working to get someone banned and saving messages like this is the tv show Dallas or something. you need to grow up.

• Members

DR Scottie C,

Yeah I made up the whole gear getting stolen in a Trade story??? Where do you get these Ideas??? Do you want the cops # or police records? I do remember you were interested in buying a Epiphone from me that I had for Sale, as soon as I put up my other guitars, and gear for sale though you freaked out like I was scamming, and you didnt want to buy anything from me until you checked with the people I shipped to and proud to say everybody got what they bought. I provided all of my contact info and everything for you. I havent ripped off anybody here. Yes I tried to sale some FAKE Gibson guitars, as Fake Gibson's. I was a dip{censored} and listened to somebody else that said as long as you sale them as a copy, that is fine. If you notice I havent put any up since that Big Mistake.

• Members

I sold him a Epiphone but it wasnt Fake. I checked the serial # and it came out as a 2007 Epiphone Made In China. He said he wanted the Plastic that covers the pickups, and the Epiphone Cardboard box, and I offered to send those items to him. He decided he still wanted his money back and yes I refunded him the sameday. Im not going to make anybody pay for something if they dont want it. That is why I use Paypal, it protects both buyers.

• Members

I sold him a Epiphone but it wasnt Fake. I checked the serial # and it came out as a 2007 Epiphone Made In China. He said he wanted the Plastic that covers the pickups, and the Epiphone Cardboard box, and I offered to send those items to him. He decided he still wanted his money back and yes I refunded him the sameday. Im not going to make anybody pay for something if they dont want it. That is why I use Paypal, it protects both buyers.

Did you see this?

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/12399-fake-yes-another-thread.html

• Members

Being I got the guitar on a trade from a friend locally, and I have the Epiphone Box, and The pickup plastic, Epiphone Manual, and Poster. Why would a epiphone copy come with all of those items? The Serial # matched up at guitar dater project as a 2007 Epiphone made at the Chinese plant? People do change wiring and pickups on guitars. I have never liked epiphone wiring and pickups, even the Epiphone Elite I paid $1000 for I ripped all of the Epi junk out of it and replaced it. Epi's are not much more than a squier strat in quality. I sure the heck would hope it wasnt a copy, being I sold it localy to a young kid today.

• Members

"Epi's are not much more.....blah blah blah....I love my Epis :-) Gibbys, Fenders, and squiers...My epi LP (with some changes) sounds and plays better than any Les Paul I've played except for my buddy's 79 B Beauty...but then again, most I've played were from the later 70s and early 80's.

• Members

Im not knocking epiphones, Im just saying with some upgrade's they are sweet guitars. Im sure the epiphones from the late 70's and 80's are even nicer. I havent ever played any of them.

He can't be knocking them if he's selling fakes of them, guys.

• Members

yea he likes to sell fakes kinda like dogbone94, what happend to that thread?, we do not need to be buying tradeing or selling them get them out of the marketplace if you make a good guitar put you own {censored}ing name on it and quit trying to {censored} everyone!

I will vouch for Dave (Dogbone94) any day of the week. Great guy.

• Members

I was responding to gbuzz Im not knocking epiphones, Im just saying with some upgrade's they are sweet guitars. Im sure the epiphones from the late 70's and 80's are even nicer. I havent ever played any of them. Being gbuzz likes Epiphone's. Myself I dont care for them, If I was going to ever own another Les Paul it would be the Edwards Les Paul's I sold on HC

• Members

Did you see this?

My Epi Studio had crappy wiring like that.

1972 you stated one serial number and sent him a different serial number guitar. I had good dealings with you and always posted positive stuff about you when somebody had questions... But that has me scratching my head.. why would you do that for?

• Members

I never gave him a serial # and I used the wrong picture of the back of the headstock. He never said to me anything about the guitar being a copy, I really do not believe it was. I havent ever seen or heard of a Epiphone copy? Why would anybody try to make a Epi copy? The only thing he mentioned was he didnt like the wiring, Crazy thing was the guitar sounded better than any epi I ever owned, who gives a crud what the wiring looks like as long as it sounds good and functions good. and I didnt send him the plastic pickup film that epiphones come with and a cardboard epiphone box, I offered to ship both to him. I didnt think those things were important.

• Members

I have a couple points I want to make:

1. I started my thread because I was frustrated with 2 bad transactions in a row. I still count one as negative, while the other now appears to be back on track.

2. I never said 1972guitars was a jerk. While a little slow to respond occasionally and a little slow to ship, he was decent and nice enough. Like I said in my thread, he refunded my money when I asked for it. When the guitar showed up I informed him of my concerns with the guitar and that I believed it to be a fake. Bottom line is he made the transaction right by refunding my dough.

3. 1972 is correct, he never gave me a serial #. I wrongly assumed, I guess, that the guitar pictured would be the one I received. It had a serial # in the picture and I thought I was buying that guitar. Stupid me.

4. Based on the other guitars he listed up-front as fakes/copies, I can't say whether or not he sold me the guitar knowing it was a fake. I can't read minds. Maybe he knew, maybe not. Or maybe I was wrong and it was a legit axe. The research I did and the opinions of others more knowledgeable than I am make me think I was correct. Too many things just didn't look right. Knobs out of place, serial # EE in larger font than the numbers, and a few other things. Yes, somebody had the bright idea to fake Epi's. Evidently it is now pretty common, especially on the Customs.

5. The Guitar Dater Project only decodes the numbers, it doesn't verify their authenticity. That info came from Gibson.

I'm probably going to leave this board for a while, at least from an active posting standpoint. Too testosterone-y for me right now. I will post when my other deal finalizes and the guitar shows up, just as a show of good faith to the seller.

Archived