Anybody have a guitar to give away?

Slave2TheAudio

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a bunch of cocks. I should mention if this were a mere two weeks ago I'd have had something for you. Sorry, bro. I feel you though, I was the same way last year in school, and about to be the same way now. Going back to school to get my Master's in PoliSci and Comparative Literature so I can become a professor.

Sucks. :cry:

• Members

Guys, seriously, do you sit on street corners and give homeless people career advice? He asked for some help, because I'd be willing to bet that somewhere out there, someone can help him out (sounds like a couple people have already). You don't have to be helpful, but don't be a pain.

• Members

Guys, seriously, do you sit on street corners and give homeless people career advice? He asked for some help, because I'd be willing to bet that somewhere out there, someone can help him out (sounds like a couple people have already).
You don't have to be helpful, but don't be a pain.

:thu:

• Members

Man, people are brutal on here. StringsNStuff, I would appreciate it if you just left this thread...

I have heard from a few of you but I dont want anything too ridiculous. No skulls & crossbones / purple / pink guitars. I'm not good enough to pull one of those off...

• Members

1081 posts on here in less than a year......that's alot of time spent posting when you could have been earning some cash to buy a new guitar.

Sorry folks, i am not usually like this but i am getting tired of everyone wanting handouts and gov't bailouts at MY expense. I have worked for everything i have and YES, my son has saved for several guitars......he didn't earn the money all in one day but he saved over time. Someone in college should easily be able to earn $8-10 an hour which would pay for that squier in a day!

.....and yes, my son has tests to study for, and homework every night, and baseball 3-4 nights a week and golf 2-3 days a week and still work to save for gear and practice playing guitar.

Whatever you're mind can concieve, you can achieve.

Work hard, save and enjoy.

That's what this country was built on.....not excuses and handouts.

Ok....i'm out, this is my last post here.....take it for what it's worth.

• Members

I was with the OP right up until he turned his nose up at the purple guitar. Beggars can't be choosy bud. I've given away 3 guitars and 3 amps over the years and it always feels good but danged if I'll give one away to an ungrateful person.

• Members

I was with the OP right up until he turned his nose up at the purple guitar. Beggars can't be choosy bud. I've given away 3 guitars and 3 amps over the years and it always feels good but danged if I'll give one away to an ungrateful person.

Yep I was getting mad seeing the flaming on the OP. There was no need to add your advice or suggestion. I was going through what I had in my basement then read that comment. Oh well. Better to find out now.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145826&highlight=GH0STrider&page=2

Bottom of the page...and you'd offered cash as well...
:mad:

You do realize that his post in that thread was almost 4 months ago and that a LOT can happen in 4 months time, right? It's obvious he doesn't have the Epi anymore, he likely sold it to pay for school which is why he is looking for a guitar now.

Edit : Took out all the other slamming and attacks, the {censored}er deserves it now.

• Members

Man, people are brutal on here. StringsNStuff, I would appreciate it if you just left this thread...

I have heard from a few of you but I dont want anything too ridiculous. No skulls & crossbones / purple / pink guitars. I'm not good enough to pull one of those off...

I was with you man until you said this. Free is free, you really shouldn't exclude anything at all. If it's a beater and it's pink, spray paint it black or something. Don't be picky..take what you can get.

• Members

In his first post he says he has $60. There's a perfectly good purple Aria Strat that's been linked in this thread for $65 shipped. He said no thanks. End of thread.

I replied before I saw that, though my reply still stands up until he refused the Aria. Shouldn't be picky.

• Members

It was not meant as a criticism but as advice. You can either take it or ignore it.

I too came from a poor family and paid my own way to college and to grad school. This helped me to develop a great work ethic and to decide what i needed verses what i wanted.

A used squier can be purchased on craigslist for $50-75. That can be earned in one days work.....if my 9 year old son can do it by raking leaves and sweeping sidewalks for friends and family then anyone can do it.

Anyways, I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for.

Obviously hes never been pre med

me fortunately I am in med school and feel your pain and studying ethic its hard good luck

• Members

I'll take the DS-1..............as long as it's not orange or missing any parts. :deadhorse:

My son would love to have that. I'm sure he would be willing to pay the shipping.:thu:

To the OP, I have no old beaters laying around to help you out, but I do have a Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 that I got in a trade and will never use. It's missing the bottom plate screws but I would be happy to send that to you to sell to get some money for a guitar.

• Members

I go to college currently and live in a dorm room.

I have

Martin 000-1 Acoustic

Gibson SG Electric

Peavey Bandit 75 Watt Amp

Teaser-Stallion Distortion pedal

All in my closet as we speak. As long as you make it clear with your roommate and lcok / hide your stuff. It should be fine. My advice would be to get a small practice amp with a headphone jack if possible and bring your "kinda beater" guitar. But yes, as stated above, chicks dig the acoustics.

Not only that, but it is nice to play around the way without lugging equipment. You won't regret it. Good luck man!

Well...a lot can happen in four days!!! Right Clonexx? :mad:

• Members

My birthday is coming up and all I have in an old Gibson SG / practice amp and an acoustic.

I am looking for a start or les paul that looks reliced or is on the older side.

Thanks,

post pics or PM me with offers and pictures

;)
Trevan

:cop::rolleyes::blah: :poke: :facepalm:

• Members

Well...a lot can happen in four days!!! Right Clonexx?
:mad:

That's unfair. When I replied to your post, the only thing posted was your link to a 4 month old reply.

With the new links found of his posts, then of course you are right. {censored} this guy.

I will always be on the more trusting side because I don't want to run around being constantly paranoid that someone is scamming. That's just not how I want to live my life. Unfortunate that this turned out to be just more bull{censored} =(

Archived